Black People : Victimization vs Mitigating The Damages

I explain to Sister Destee the heart of my communication: We combat injustices.

But that's just it.

So as far as "responsibility" is concerned, our sole responsibility is in 'combating injustices.' When we teach around this, mentioning "Self-discipline" and "Where we spend" and "How we treat our children" we lose the focus. We, in fact, become "objective" as they want us to be, rather than "subjective," as we ought to be.

We are "Oppressed" but we are not "oppressing ourselves." So to speak, there is a difference between "financing one's oppression" and "financing one's oppressor." Unfortunately, our well-meaning people are too focused on the former, and that's where even they mess up.

More clearly: We should vet what we teach, because our children are being mis-educated. If our children were properly being taught, we would not need to teach them. This we often forget. That is, we forget that in the background is the Oppressor whom needs to be counter-acted.

Because frankly, 15th Century Africa didn't have everything together. But without the European there would be no trans-Atlantic enslavement. Responsibility of oppression is entirely on the Oppressor; and the counter-action requires the Oppressed's acknowledgement thereupon.
If "our sole responsibility is in 'combating injustices'", when and/or how do we begin to build and create healthy, self-sustaining communities for ourselves? Surely the mere absence of injustice itself cannot and will not accomplish this task.

In sister Destee's original post, the hole in the roof represents the problem. The landlord refusing to fix the hole represents the injustice. Therefore, since we live in the home, we would be wise to assume responsibility for repairing the roof (solving the problem), while simultaneously pursuing our case against the landlord (combating injustice).

The point is we cannot become so engaged in combating injustice and oppression that we forget to build and create for ourselves. Historically speaking, the greatest defense against injustice and oppression is the assumption of responsibility for oneself and one's people in spite of these factors. The Japanese-post WWII used this strategy quite effectively.

Destee,

I wrote a bit esoterically (you should never call yourself slow, you're Destee's speed :). To make it clearer, I am pointing out how we do not understand ethics (hence 'philosophical problem'), so we 'knock on the wrong doors, talk to the wrong people, and ask the wrong questions."

For "Justice" acts against "Injustice." And personal responsibility is irrelevant in that equation: the only question.

Because we need to make it clear, what is our goal? The end of injustices. So that's how we go about with the problem at hand.

In your example, there's no 'injustice.' The roof has a hole in it. So of course you fix it. But what's that to do with people? Our problem is that we are suffering from injustices--not that our homes have holes in their roofs. See the difference?

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Ahhhh....a teaching moment, yes you were esoteric, and glad to read your admittance and acceptance of fact. Its a perfect fit with earlier introspection, recall? But accolades to you my friend, a devoted student of Life's learning curve.

Peace In,

If "our sole responsibility is in 'combating injustices'", when and/or how do we begin to build and create healthy, self-sustaining communities for ourselves? Surely the mere absence of injustice itself cannot and will not accomplish this task.

In sister Destee's original post, the hole in the roof represents the problem. The landlord refusing to fix the hole represents the injustice. Therefore, since we live in the home, we would be wise to assume responsibility for repairing the roof (solving the problem), while simultaneously pursuing our case against the landlord (combating injustice).

The point is we cannot become so engaged in combating injustice and oppression that we forget to build and create for ourselves. Historically speaking, the greatest defense against injustice and oppression is the assumption of responsibility for oneself and one's people in spite of these factors. The Japanese-post WWII used this strategy quite effectively.

I thoroughly disagree. When African people are free from injustices we will prosper. We prospered with injustices.

In Destee's original example the landlord is not unwilling to fix the hole in the roof. In Destee's example, the water is falling, and the tenant is letting everything get soaked. In her example, the tenant does not fix the roof, the landlord does.

In your example, where the landlord refuses to fix the hole. Theoretically you should fix the hole. However, let's be realistic, not everyone has the skills or time to be their own landlord. Or to be more realistic, since landlording isn't difficult, in Haiti, after the quake, thousands of people had to share latrines but none of these people knew how to clean it. They made it stink for months. But to claim personal responsibility on all the earthquake victims is to forget that life is much, much harder than this debate is.

What needs to be made clear is that our poverty is a result of injustices. It's the social and spiritual injustice of a deteriorated fellowship which once we address will assure our prosperity. But this disassociation is a direct result of foreign ideas and systems--nothing more.

HTP

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Ahhhh....a teaching moment, yes you were esoteric, and glad to read your admittance and acceptance of fact. Its a perfect fit with earlier introspection, recall? But accolades to you my friend, a devoted student of Life's learning curve.

Peace In,

I am always honored by your acknowledgements. :)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back