Black People : Vicente Fox & the "Black ADL"

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by 1milehi, May 26, 2005.

1. 1milehi

1milehi Banned MEMBER

medical coding
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://adeebafolami.com

2. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Yeah....

And what about prostate cancer?

What about hunger in Haiti?

What about the Kennedy assasination?

What about the dark side of the moon?

What about sticking to the g--d-mn issue instead of going all over the board with her/his rants having nothing to do with the situation at hand?

((shakes head))

This clown has no idea what he/she is talking about.

First of all blacks aren't the least unified group, the latinos are.
    Generally Puerto Ricans have nothing to do with Mexicans, and Cubans have nothing to do with neither. The Dominicans and Puerto Ricans fight like cats and dogs up in New York.

Secondly, it's not that black people won't do these jobs....it's that we won't be SLAVES who work for nothing. An neither will whites or anyone else with pride and self-esteem.

This ain't some "white conspiracy" to turn blacks and Mexicans against eachother, hell Mexicans are already against us in many cases and have nothing to do with us socially and religiously in most.
    White folks didn't make Fox make a statement suggesting that we are people of low expectation and accomplishment (even black wouldn't do)....he said it on his own.

Again, I don't hear any Mexicans or any other latinos apologizing or even discussing his statements because they don't care how we feel. They have a mission and are accomplishing it right now as we speak, which is to push us out the way and gain most favorite pet status from white America.

3. 1milehi

1milehi Banned MEMBER

medical coding
    Ratings:
    +0
    what is THE issue, THE situation at hand ralfa'il? why has this person's opinion seemingly upset you - it's just some words appearing on a computer screen just like fox's words were innocent, invisible things that came out of his mouth - they can't hurt you or anybody else.

do you get as upset about "black on black" crime?

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    1milehi: are you a black person?

did you see the thread about conservative sites?
    maybe your views would find more acceptance at one of them.

5. 1milehi

1milehi Banned MEMBER

medical coding
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes i'm black - are you? yes i saw the thread about conservative sites but - so what? if i wanted to post this topic there - i would, and i rarely, if ever, post topics seeking the "acceptance" of anybody so your line of reasoning is completely foreign to me. some of you all don't like being challenged to think outside of the little boxes you've willingly placed over your heads - is that what the problem is?

did you consider that if you & others can't handle the opinion or line of thought being expressed, that you should just pass on by.....and keep your head stuck in the sand? ;-)

work those intellectual muscles out folks - :cardio: - if you can't challenge or refute the position expressed why resort to a copout of, 'take it somewhere else.' no, the position has been stated here and thus far i haven't seen anything from you or the other person that even begins to intelligently & rationally refute the op-ed. getting emotional, cussing and telling folks to take it somewhere else, are not the ways to show that whatever position you hold is any better than what you don't want to hear.

6. 1milehi

1milehi Banned MEMBER

medical coding
    Ratings:
    +0
    and american blacks don't have their own beefs with african blacks? american blacks don't have their own share of "black on black" crime? in spite of the disunity of the latino community, how many cable stations do they own? i do believe it's many more than one - and blacks really can't even say they have one anymore can they? in cities all over america, don't you see buckoo # of mexican plazas and businesses going up - but where have you seen buckoo # of black plazas & shopping centers going up? mexicans, latinos, etc. sacrifice, live 15+ in a house, pay off their trucks & vehicles, get homes, etc. how many blacks do you see doing that - as a means of economic advancement? not too many.

so, i think the evidence would show that the latino/mexican/puerto rican community in america is much more unified and progressive than the black community - unfortunately.

the op-ed didn't say people "won't" do these jobs, it said they had no desire to do them.

on other sites, black people are calling mexicans "wetbacks," "taco eaters," saying they're lazy as a people, etc. and very few other blacks are saying anything about it because apparently some/many blacks don't care how mexicans feel. but we want to yell about people saying derogatory things about us and stereotyping us?

and you really think mexicans are on a mission to push us out of the way? if so, i guess it's easy to push folks who aren't doing anything but sitting around like a bump on a log, complaining that blessings haven't fallen out of the sky into their laps - right?

how long are some of us going to be the collective crybabies of the world? like lazarus laying around at the feet of the rich man begging for crumbs? when will some of us stop complaining, and worrying about what others are saying and get busy changing our condition?

7. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    There are a few points you raised that I agree with. However, you seem to come with a bit of antagonism of your own; almost assuming that because people are upset at Fox's remarks,(which I think is understandable), they are not doing their part to help improve the black community. Please take some time and browse through the forum a bit more... you will find quite a few threads pondering what we need to DO to make our situation better. You will also learn that there are many that ARE TAKING ACTION IN REAL LIFE, especially in the area of starting their own businesses.

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    this is a really serious case of N.A.S. (n****g**aZ ain't S&&&T), the worse i've seen in days.

1milehi: since no one here is up to your standards of discourse, what do you hope to accomplish here?
    do you hope to bring us up to your level?
    or do you just want a place to vent?

i assume that since you are so superior you have a plan and an organization in place, right?
    why don't you share your organization with us?
    or do you feel we would be too lazy to get with your program?

BTW - Ralfa'il, we got a sister for you here, check her website, just what you been waiting for :argue: :kiss2:

"if you have something real good you don't have to ram it down people's throats, they'll steal it from you"

9. 1poetsought

1poetsought Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Poet
    Ratings:
    +604
    At best, Sr. Fox' comment was irresponsible and disrespectful hyperbole.

10. 1milehi

1milehi Banned MEMBER

medical coding
    Ratings:
    +0
    help me out here. what specific statement(s) of mine are you referring to that was/were antagonistic? i came in here posting info and i, & the info, were received antagonistically - but i'm the one that came with antagonism of my own?

i have browsed this & other forums and am aware that there are some/many blacks taking action in real life and starting businesses - matter of fact - i know many blacks who are. that wasn't my point or my focus.

as you requested that i take time to browse this forum, i'd like to suggest that those who take great offense to the op-ed and my posts, take the time to read them to make sure they're coming away with the true spirit and message that was intended to be given.