Black Women : Very Serious Question.

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by John's son, Jan 7, 2003.

1. John's son

John's son New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Who spake the original sermon using these words:

"Our best trained...best educated, best prepared, best equipped troops refuse to fight. In fact it is safe to says they would rather swwwiiiitch... than fight...".

2. Thandiwe

Thandiwe Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    okay, i give. who spoke those words.

what do you think about charles rangel's suggestion that the draft be re-enacted?

i guess his concerns are that minorities make up most of the military and that by drafting, whites even the wealthy would weather their share of the war.

3. John's son

John's son New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually I don't know thats why I'm asking. Seems I'm not the only one that does not know. Dangit

As far as this reenstatement of the draft, I wouldn't fight no matter what they did to me. The fight aint one of rightness, so why give my life for a cause that is most likely wrong? I aint buyin the United We Stand crap, this place aint neva been united, so God up above certainly wouldn't be behind any efforts of so-called war between a christian nation versus a non-christian nation. As Arnold Schwarzenegger once said: "Its all bu...hit!":toast:

4. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    okay... but randgel was pushing for the draft (well you're too old anyway :D) because of the disproportionate numbers of black and hispanic soldiers.

it's been said the the rich always find a way out, but do you think the draft would help to make other americans, white men (and perhaps women) more a part of this almost immenient (sp) war?

iguess he was concerned about the numbers of black parents whose children may be casualites of the war.

5. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    did he just recently past. i thought i heard that he had died a few years ago.

i liked his style but you know he was bound to ruffles some feathers.

6. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    questions for you xxpanthaxx:

first off, what does your name represent?

and are you really a current convicted felon?

if so, what are some of the issues you are dealing with while incarcerated.

what were some of the issues are dealt with before being incarcerated?

7. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    "Us Tareyton smokers would rather fight than switch!" is an enduring slogan which appeared in magazine, newspaper, and television advertisements for Tareyton cigarettes from 1963 until 1981

Thomas "TNT" Todd, a civil rights activist, parodied the slogan to make a point regarding the Vietnam War in a 1967 speech.

Todd was quoted as saying, "...Yet our best trained, best educated, best equipped, best prepared troops refuse to fight! Matter of fact, it's safe to say that they would rather switch than fight!"

The audio clip of his speech was later used as the prelude to the 1989 Public Enemy single "Fight the Power."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Us_Tareyton_smokers_would_rather_fight_than_switch!

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    That is correct sista it was indeed the great slogan for these advertised cigs
    and when they switch a heart shape would jump up to cover the back side
    i've watch it a million times .