Black People : Very Sad Story

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by legit-writer, Sep 23, 2013.

1. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    A lot of my friends said that he meant well and all, but why didn't he call off work. My response to them was this question: "What if he COULDN'T call off of work? What are your thoughts?

http://www.kctv5.com/story/23494938...ld-in-car-while-at-work#.UkA-MB4eT6M.facebook

SCOTTSDALE, AZ (CBS5) -
    A 28-year-old man whose 1-year-old child was left in a running car for hours while the father worked was booked into jail on child-abuse charges Sunday.

Brokale Lytte Marques, 28, is accused of leaving his son in a car with the air conditioning and the vehicle running Saturday afternoon at the Scottsdale Quarter shopping district before finding him lethargic, said Scottsdale Officer David Pubins.
    The boy was in critical condition at a Scottsdale hospital Sunday.
    Marques was booked into jail on charges of child abuse, child neglect and endangerment, Pubins said.
    Marques flagged down security personnel about 2 p.m. at the shopping district near Scottsdale Road and the Greenway-Hayden Loop and told them his child was slow to respond after being left in the car since 9 a.m., Pubins said.
    He said he was unable to find a babysitter and took his son to work, leaving him in the car seat while the car was still running, Pubins said.
    About 11 a.m., the father drove with his son to a fast-food restaurant for lunch and said the child was fine at that point, Pubins said.
    Police said the father went back to work, left the child in the running car, and came out around 2 p.m. to find his son in a lethargic state.
    Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved

2. CosmicMessenger

CosmicMessenger Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    I don't know the brother nor his situation so I cannot judge him, but I would have made sure to find a babysitter AHEAD of time.

http://www.scottsdalebabysitters.net/

Scottsdale Babysitters
    [​IMG]
    Scottsdale, AZ Babysitters
    3699 Babysitters Found Near 85254

3. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    this is sad...where was the moms at?

one love
    khasm

4. butterfly#1

butterfly#1 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,204
    This is sad, don't want to throw daggers now. This man is devastated. Trying to care for family and babysit his kid. Too bad, hope this turn out to be a warning and nothing else.

5. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Pretty real. That's why Family Planning has to be down to a science. If ma and pa working, better have a niece, a Sister, Brother, nephew, something. Leaving a kid in a car is ridiculous.

Sure, we can say--"One time." But who knows if it was "once?" and who knows if it would be the last time?

6. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    If he couldn't call off work, then he should have just not went in. You mean to tell me that his "ONLY" alternative was to leave that child in a running car unattended!? Sorry, but as white folk say it "That dog don't hunt".
    I can only make an assumption here, but according to the article, he left the air conditioner running, which I assume that means he also had the windows rolled up. Now, I don't know about anyone else, but I remember being warned about being in a running car with the windows rolled up for an extended time.
    No, I'm sorry, but you DO NOT leave a 1 yr old child alone for any amount of time in a car, running or not. You simply do not take those type of chances with your child, for any reason. This is the prime example of why. It doesn't mean anything if nothing happens a thousand times. It's the one time that it does that counts.

7. CosmicMessenger

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    True, plus it only took me a minute to find a website with over 3600 babysitters in the Scotsdale, Arizona area.

As an ancient Indian proverb states, "Blessed in the child of wise parents."

It is often an UPHILL STRUGGLE for the children of fools.

8. CosmicMessenger

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    Being that he is all "tattooed up" and wearing 2 earrings, my guess is that wherever the mom was, it wasn't where she was SUPPOSED to be.

[​IMG]

Brokale Lytte Marques, 28, is accused of leaving his son in a car with the air conditioning and the vehicle running Saturday afternoon while he was at work. (Source: Maricopa County Sheriff's Office)

9. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472

never judge a book by its cover...

one love
    khasm

10. CosmicMessenger

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    I've always been a pretty good judge of human character.

Time will tell...