Black Poetry : VERBatim

N2urSoul

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 17, 2001
Minneapolis, MN
Occupation
Director, Community Employment Strategies
Looking at reflections before/and tanning under Amber Suns exposing myself before/ sundown closed eye of memories of two celestial beings/ hey lady/ do you know how love...lea-ves sing your name in winds before summer rains/ dancing off the ridges of each others existence pushing touching feeling the birth of You/ Sound waves breast feeding a newly written song that/ Like good jazz/ never grows old but grows gray with those that inhale the rhythm/ exhale it to serve in aural rooms of rememberances for recollections of times when smiles rubbed their backs and spare change was needed to put in the jukebox of life to hear happiness and scream "that's my song!"...So they can dance into two days from today and talk about the DAWNof yesterday which is tomorrow cause tomorrow may bring the rain but the DAWN remains/ with the scent of Cinnamon painting the sunrays... (c) Blakverb

I remember precisely the feellings presented to me in the form of a gift wrapped milky blak heaven ...
Word for word your actions began to pull heart strings
allowing me to hum a different tune
a kind of ventriloquis(him) from my soul
that sliced through a thick layer of
chocolate phrases until I reached YOU~

The man I wanted so much to know
because your vision, unblurred
viewed my Amber Suns
and you placed
them into the palm of
my hands to show me
just what you see
without optical illusions
or shaded imagery

Give me back those stolen moments
when we first met
and the love from within
the Amber Suns that
at one time had
you
'locked'~

I recall each of your
words, verbs, phrases and
nouns that I have
memorized and
now, if I can only
figure out where
I put the 'key'...

(c) 2001 SOULOFASISTA

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back