Black People : venting

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by jamesfrmphilly, May 29, 2010.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    you know, nobody who posts here is actually an enemy of anyone else who posts here.
    everybody has something to add, even people who i may disagree with.
    people who disagree make you express your self more clearly. they may point out holes in your logic. they may actually be doing you a favor.
    if you keep an open mind you can learn something from somebody who you disagree with.
    none of us is perfect and none of us have the ultimate solution. if we did we would be out leading black people to freedom.
    i know a little but i do not have a detailed plan and i do not have all the answers.
    because i don't know it all and there are areas that i do not understand does not make what i do know invalid.
    there are few scientists who know it all. that's why they do research.

there is no need to get emotional and start venting on one another.

it is actually counter productive because it leads to valuable members being banned.
    people who end up getting banned often have good stuff to add to the total but they just cannot control themselves and see the big picture.
    i miss them but we cannot descend into a cat fight. peace is the first order of business.

if we are all as smart as we think we are then we should be able to get along.

JMO

2. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565
    :kiss1: :welldone: :thanks: :grouphug: :bye:

3. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    we all (me to ) think we hip......

a test of how hip you are is not how well you can beat down another brother but how well to can form a collation with him.

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I'm just happy somebody realize this and that i know the difference big ups bro.James

5. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565
    Aye yes.....

Dear Brother James

Thanks for being my friend, and it's been a pleasure conversing with you on these boards. You and some others have made my stay here worthwhile and enjoyable. I love you and those people who have made it worthwhile, like Truthtothecause and MsInterpret - notable because MsInterpret sent me my first compliment here and I had my first major disagreement on these boards with Truth that worked out really well.

Rich, thanks for reading my poetry and complimenting on that. Hyperkill and Chuck and I got off onto a bumpy start with, a lot of the things they say are to follow and hard to swallow, but I have more respect for these two after we made amends on our problems and differences. Thank you chuck and Hype.

I concede.

I got a 7 days suspension on here for calling a member a hypocrite, which I think was a mistake and very preemptive, and yet when I go to the moderators and founder with my own problem of someone causing me chaos and calling me names such as 'sexually repressed feminazi' I endanger my own membership here, and told to stop whining. They want me to solve it for myself, so thy will be done on this board and in real life.

So I concede.

My membership is valuable to me, and since I am now on the brink of a permanent ban, I do not wish to endanger it any further. That's apart of 'seeing the bigger picture' and marking priorities.

I concede.

Now I see how and why some folks are still members, but don't post as much as the did before I got here. I enjoyed reading the likes PoetManifesta among a few.

I miss Awo Dino, and I also liked Ispeakonlythetruth and Astrologer4u - two banned members I did not get to converse with before I got here, but enjoyed reading some of their past posts.

My thanks to
    Clyde Coger
    Ankhur
    Kemetstry
    Proverbs31woman
    Blackbird
    Sekhemu
    Chevron Dove
    Omowalijabali
    Warriorprincess
    OldSoul
    river
    Chinelo
    Blacklioness
    cherryblossom (miss her, haven't seen her post in a minute)
    Full Speed
    Corvo
    Bientempo
    Senab
    RU2religious​

these were some of the more prolific posters I remember or the ones I most recently conversed with, so they stand out in my mind. If you are not mentioned but we had a good cross connection, thank you too.

PurpleMoons, you know I still got a problem with that first suspension, but how can I tell you that that even tho I have a problem with it, feel it was unfair and bring up my dissatisfaction with it on the sly..... that it helped me too? When I came back I was more determined than ever to abide to rules and try to find other ways communicating with people that was positive and pro-reactive instead of reactive..... all the while trying to remain true to form and true to self. I ain't mad at cha at all for that lesson there and thank you for extending your friendship and positive words. I hope you have learned from me as I (however unintentionally) have learned from you :blowkiss:

And Destee, it's your board. At times I think you too have been unfair but overall I liked being here and enjoyed it. That why I offered my monetary support. I can see the overall picture and I continue to see and hope that this board is a source of inspiration and enlightenment. You have a good thing here and I'm glad to be apart of it.

I'm going to try a self-restriction. My postings here will be greatly reduced as I try this thing called 'lurking' for the most part. I learned a lot from everyone who contributed to these discussions and the discussion themselves, and I can only hope that all I have put here that you learned something from me as well.

Thank you for your time, participation, and consideration.

6. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Thanks Bro Jamesfrmphilly.

I just want to dwell on this thought for awhile:

there is no need to get emotional and start venting on one another.

it is actually counter productive because it leads to valuable members being banned.
    people who end up getting banned often have good stuff to add to the total but they just cannot control themselves and see the big picture.

...looking at the big picture is the key.

7. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    sometime we all have to slow down and just look / listen and read
    sometime when we feel helpful we become harmful , what seem unfair
    can also be open game this the beauty of this house that we all will
    never agree but yet learn to disagree respectively.

Sometime we have to know when to not react on things even if our
    hearts want too , this what i think is a unique process and a good tool
    from within self .
    I humblely feel you and do what you must to asure self what's most valuable
    self-restriction can be good , also note sometime restricting self can be harmful
    and block growth and it's true meanings .

I will always be watching from afar

much love/peace & harmony to you sister .

8. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    two separate things

one thing is saying what you think on a given subject. most of us can do that.
    it is another thing to beat up on somebody else.

it is possible to say what you think and then shut up. if your logic is correct that is all you need to do.
    you do not really need to beat up on anybody else.

we have to make a decision as to what we really want to do. do we really enjoy battling with somebody and beating them down?
    do we want to get that anger out? are we really angry at other posters on the internet?

i am a very angry person. i just know who it is that i am angry with. it is not the posters at destee.

9. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    good wisdom spoken brother James , I too have much to say but i know when
    to display it and when to hold back read and keep moving
    this what keeps me out of drama /mess and beat downs
    and trust me i know the feelings because i've been put on blast a few times
    and i yet to respond knowing the truth within is all i need , not react to
    what i read or see and hear.