Pan Africanism : Venting

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by paris3000, Jan 18, 2004.

1. paris3000

paris3000 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone. I am new to desteer.com. I just registered. Anyway, I discovered this site while looking for interesting subject matter to immerse myself in. I came across this forum and have read some posts because I am very much interested in the far reaching and all encompassing African diaspora. I consider myself and idealist. I am your typical black girl from Baltimore, MD. All I know of my heritage is that I am obviously black but also have Native American blood. I guess there is really no real point to what I am writing. I am constantly seeking to expand my knowledge of all cultures especially those similar to my background. I just cannot understand why so many problems exist between different cultures, especially those that are so similar and have undeniable ties to one another. I guess I am just venting.

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Welcome paris3000

Take a look around, make yourself at home, read what has been written, and add to the discussions. Hopefully some of your questions can be answered, and you might answer someone's questions.

3. Epicurean

Epicurean Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Paris3000,
    Perhaps I will be able to help you understand. Please read the books, "The Destruction of Black Civilization" by Chancellor Williams; "The Assassination of the Black Male Image" by Earl Ofari Hutchinson and "Without Sanctuary" by Congressman John Lewis and James Allen. Please, also, go to the site www.blackwallstreet.freeservers.com. I have more books that you can read for enlightenment but the ones listed above are good starts.

4. paris3000

paris3000 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0

Epicurean,
    I just wanted to say thanks for giving me a list of books to read and a website to check out. I will definitely check it all out.

5. Epicurean

Epicurean Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    You're welcome.

6. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    yes sista please feel free to make yourself at home because you are now among family...you can always join us in chat if you jus want to vent there as well :)