Black People : Venezuelan wanting to know more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Racism in Venezuela is very subtle. No one cares and no one talks about races here, really. When Chavez says something about racism, which is almost never, it's mostly about blaming the spaniards for slaugthering the indigenous people that lived here 500 years ago.

The Bolivarian movement is the cubanization of Venezuela. We call it the Robolucion(robo meaning "steal") because there is a new social classes we call "nuevo rico" (new rich people) that consist almost exclusively on pro-chavez individuals who have made a fortune due to the oil revenues and the statization of private companies. In short words, they are distributing the wealth among themselves, leaving only scraps for the most needed. Corruption is also high, therefore hindering the efforts of good-willed people.

I dont know; I made the thread but its currently awaiting for a moderator to approve it.

Because im white and I live in Venezuela. And I am happy with being white.

Spaniard, white, tall, brown eyes/hair.

I would say so. Most white venezuelans are in a better economic situation than black/brown people but it has nothing to do with racism. Most white people who came from europe were educated and/or had family living here that owned companies/lands/farms/etc.

No.

That doesnt mean anything in spanish.

Im not physically attracted to black/brown women.

I didnt spend much time surfing Stormfront but I agree with them about multiculturalism not being a good thing.
Therefore how do you feel about the multicuturalism of Venzuela?

So you're BLANCO venezuelan? Yall do not define race like we do, so how you gonna be a 'white' venezuelan? Aren't you glad you aren't negro?

On what part of the color spectrum are you? Teguino, mestizo, BLANCO or what?

Do you have a higher social class than the brown venezuelan?

Are you a marron?

Do you know what bese mi cula mean?

Do you like the boricuas or the negritas?

How well did you identify and relate to your people on Stormfront? :em0200:

He's new on SF so my guess is that he's going to confined to the OV (opposing view)section where he will either die out and leave or mimic the ignorant rhetoric that runs rampant throughout that place just so he can fit in. He said he started a thread asking this,I stop in and see.:em0200:

Also when they say this:

I didnt spend much time surfing Stormfront but I agree with them about multiculturalism not being a good thing

It mean they want us to go back to Africa and leave their land to themselves.

Peace!

Since Venezuela is a big melting pot for many cultures none takes precedence over the other. Hard to explain.

IMO I would like if my country was more european-like, resembling Spain.
So no blacks,or as Sf puts it,no non-whites. IMO you have just sunk yourself with this comment.

I just read a few articles about this today. From what I've read, many places in South America have black populations descended from Africa who stayed after slavery was abolished. Many of them report that racism is rampant and that they're looked down on and treated like second class citizens. Many can't even travel freely because even though they're born in country they are not considered citizens and, as a result, don't have rights or protections under the laws of those countries. This is shocking to me (though given the post slavery/colonial racial dynamics, it shouldn't be) because these seem to be the same people who, if they lived in the US would feel targeted by discrimination.

My question to Zabersus is this. Are the nuevo rico made up of pretty much whites only? Would you consider yourself nuevo rico?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back