Africa : Venezuela pushes ties with Africa

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
Venezuela is launching a big diplomatic offensive to build closer ties with the African continent.

The government wants to open more diplomatic missions in Africa and invest in oil operations there.

Venezuela is reaching out to Africa, says Foreign Minister for African Affairs Reinaldo Bolivar.

During a meeting with African diplomats in Brazil, Mr Bolivar said Venezuela would this year be offering technical and legal know-how in the oil sector.

He said his country's state-owned oil company PDVSA was studying the possibility of entering oil exploration partnerships with a string of African governments.

Security Council bid

Last year, Venezuela started imposing joint venture agreements and higher taxes on multi-national oil giants operating in its oil fields.

Venezuelan diplomats may advise African energy ministers to go down that road.

The South American country is currently pushing for a more visible presence in Africa.

It wants to open diplomatic missions in 12 African nations, including the oil-rich Sao Tome and Principe, Democratic Republic of Congo and Central African Republic.

The Venezuelan foreign ministry has also announced plans to set up health and education projects in Africa together with Cuba.

Venezuela would like to see strong African support for its bid to gain a seat on the UN Security Council in New York.

Officials here in Caracas say that so far they are confident of receiving backing from Ghana and Zimbabwe.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4816478.stm

Tantrum

Oct 26, 2005
Windy City
Occupation
Pos Technical Support
Thats interesting right there bro
For real I think thats a good move
I dont know if all of venezuela would agree with this
One my ex's is from venezuela we never really
Talked about africans at all she never really mentioned it
I wonder why???
She was a really quiet person from the start
Her family was ok with my but not all the way
It was like they would let me in-But puh away at the same time
I might just have to give her a call and ask her what does she think

Therious

Banned
Feb 22, 2004
I knew a white skinned venezuelan. I actually got in a fist fight, well more like wooped his *** in grade school for making a racial insult. I never see black people in these cuban or s. american governments, just an enemie of another name. although I am impressed by chavez's stance against whiteness a.k.a amerikka and europe. Africa beware, these Other races have learned (some cases taught) the white man and womans success of exploitring africa as well as working in collusion with these currupt african leaders.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Black People Politics : A Communist Venezuela Takeover? Black People Politics 6
Ndugu Black People : Activist and Actor , Danny Glover breaks down what is Really going on in Venezuela Black People Open Forum 9
Ankhur Libya : After Libya is Venezuela next? Libya 51
Amnat77 Black People : Venezuela will continue donating free fuel to poor families in US Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : Wikileak; US planned to Wreak havoc in Venezuela Black People Open Forum 4
Ankhur Black People : Some progress in Colombia Venezuela relations Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : Colombia refuses to "drink the Kool aid", seeks unity with Venezuela Black People Open Forum 5
B Haiti : Hugo Chavez and Venezuela aid to Haiti Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 23
Ankhur Haiti : Cuba - Venezuela planned to build airport in Haiti Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 11
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : Venezuela; graves robbed for bones for "Palo"?? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 7
P Pan Africanism : Venezuela gives Exxon ultimatum African American History Culture 6
A Africa : Venezuela Strengthening Ties With Africa... All Things Africa 0
K Haiti : No Oil For USA - Venezuela ANOTHER HAITI Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 0
S Black People Politics : COVID-19 pushes Zuckerberg to third world’s richest Black People Politics 0
IFE Premium Members Only : Military Pushes For Same Broad Rules Of Engagement As Civilian Police Forces Premium Members Only 6
IFE Law Forum : Military Pushes For Same Broad Rules Of Engagement As Civilian Police Forces Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Liberty Black People Politics : Obama Pushes “College Promise” Plan for Free Community College Black People Politics 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Mohammed cartoon event pushes religious envelope in Garland,TX and Phoenix, AZ Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 20
Amnat77 Black People : Necessity Pushes Pakistani Women Into Jobs and Peril Black People Open Forum 0
Mad Skillz Black People : On Africa Visit, Bush Pushes Agenda of Continent-Wide U.S. Military Expansion Black People Open Forum 1
HODEE Black People : ADOS Its origins, troublesome ties and fears it's dividing Black folk in the fight for reparations _ IS ANY OF THIS AFFILIATION TRUE? Black People Open Forum 6
S Black People : Trump's Business Ties To The Mob Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Eritrea : Eritrea, the latest African country to cut ties with Qatar, siding with Saudi Arabia and allies Eritrea 1
IFE Black People Politics : Tell Congress: Investigate Trump’s ties to Russia Black People Politics 5
S Black People : Cubans to open talks about US fugitives including Assata Shakur as ties warm Black People Open Forum 1
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : reebok severs ties with rick ross... Black People Politics 7
shaka64 Black Education / Schools : Bill That Ties Welfare to School Grades Black Education / Schools 6
Destee Black People Politics : China President Xi Jinping hails ties with Africa Black People Politics 0
RAPTOR Black Spirituality Religion : Pope Francis’ Junta Past: Argentine Journalist on New Pontiff’s Ties to Abduction of Jesuit Priests Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 23
S Black People : Wonderful Short Film: "Ties That Bind" by Angela Gibbs Black People Open Forum 7
Ankhur Black People Politics : First Black Woman president of Jamaica, will cut ties to the former Colonizer Black People Politics 27
I Black People : Afro Puerto Rico: The Islands Ties to Slavery Black People Open Forum 5
lilpea Black People : Finding Your Ties That Bind "Dedicatied to PurpleMoons" Black People Open Forum 2
D Black Education / Schools : HBC: British Boycott of Israeli Academic Ties Black Education / Schools 0
D Black People Politics : RUMORS OF OBAMA-MUSLIM EXTREMIST TIES MADE BY THE CLINTON CAMP DEBUNKED Black People Politics 2
C Black Relationships : The Ties that Bind Us. Black Relationships 4
P Africa : Chavez seeks ties in west Africa All Things Africa 0
K Black People : Building Economic Ties with African & Caribbean Nations Black People Open Forum 0
P Africa : OVERCOMING PERCEPTIONS: African immigrants seek ties, harmony with American blacks All Things Africa 30
P Black Money Business Jobs : Ties to community keep minority-owned banks thriving Black Money Business Jobs 0
J Black Poetry : Chocolate Ties Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
Bishop Black Poetry : Family Ties Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Bishop Quiet Poetry Lounge : Family Ties Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
S Black Poetry : ties that bind Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 18