Vegetarians And Protein

Radical Faith said:
Amen sister.......Me too....Also with some flesh diced tomatoes and onions....HHHMMMMMMFFF... :haha:
Sounds like a meal.

The beautiful thing is when you've been eating vegetables for a few weeks you don't even miss meat. I remember after one week I couldn't stand the smell of pork. But when I went out and had some eggs I came home and felt like I was dying. The toxins went through my body so fast I could feel myself fainting.

Usually what I've always done when I lose a few pounds I'm like look at what I've accomplished! I deserve a cookie. But I actually resist temptations when I'm on vegetables only. I'm not even tempted. And forget crack--the most addictive substance is chocolate. But I haven't had any in months. My sister told me who are you and what did you do with my sister?

You have to be sure that you're getting all of the amino acids, which not all plant foods have. Spirulina is a great source of protein because it contains all of the amino acids and has a very high bioavailability percentage, which means, your body actually gets more protein per unit that you eat than with other foods. Soy is good in moderation, but there is some concern because of the phytoestrogens that it contains, they may be beneficial in low doses, but in higher doses, may be bad.

FiveAlive said:
You have to be sure that you're getting all of the amino acids, which not all plant foods have. Spirulina is a great source of protein because it contains all of the amino acids and has a very high bioavailability percentage, which means, your body actually gets more protein per unit that you eat than with other foods. Soy is good in moderation, but there is some concern because of the phytoestrogens that it contains, they may be beneficial in low doses, but in higher doses, may be bad.

I don't know about you but my body can't manage the cholesteral that animal products contain. That's why when you cut out meat and animal protect you eliminate all the cholesteral that goes into your body. Being a mammal your body will produce it's own good cholestral. Any thing added to that is bad. The affects of high cholesteral is killing our people more than things designed to kill people such as guns and other weapons. You are right too much protein is bad as well. There does need to be a balance. You can get to much protein from an improper vegetarian diet. We need to know our bodies and educate ourselves before for we make health decisions concerning diet.

Peace..........

river said:
Sounds like a meal.

The beautiful thing is when you've been eating vegetables for a few weeks you don't even miss meat. I remember after one week I couldn't stand the smell of pork. But when I went out and had some eggs I came home and felt like I was dying. The toxins went through my body so fast I could feel myself fainting.

Usually what I've always done when I lose a few pounds I'm like look at what I've accomplished! I deserve a cookie. But I actually resist temptations when I'm on vegetables only. I'm not even tempted. And forget crack--the most addictive substance is chocolate. But I haven't had any in months. My sister told me who are you and what did you do with my sister?

To be exact I'm working on my third month of no meat. I've eaten things that egg whites or skim milk or some cheese was used in the preparation process. However I'm even trying to modify that by finding vegan approved meals and recipes. It's difficult sometimes because the vegan products are so expensive where I'm at but It's still not as expensive as a heart attack or a stroke.

Peace..........

Radical Faith said:
To be exact I'm working on my third month of no meat. I've eaten things that egg whites or skim milk or some cheese was used in the preparation process. However I'm even trying to modify that by finding vegan approved meals and recipes. It's difficult sometimes because the vegan products are so expensive where I'm at but It's still not as expensive as a heart attack or a stroke.

Peace..........
You've said a mouth full:D

I''ve wondered too if we are not fooling ourselves when we say we've cut out animal products but continue to eat store-bought bread. There's nothing in the taste, feel, smell and look of a slice of bread that forces us to acknowledge that it was made with milk, eggs and butter so it's easy to say with conscious sincerity that we are vegan while munching on a slice of split top Roman Meal.

I've made oatmeal drop cookies with Soy Silk and a bread spread made with olive oil. Just use Clabber Girl instead of eggs. I'm thinking about investing in a bread machine and making my own bread using yeast instead of eggs. I don't know how it will turn out.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back