Black People : Vasectomy for black men

It doesn’t sound like the talk show guy's message is geared to men who take care of their children or ones who are determined to do so.

I may be the lone voice in the wilderness on this issue which obviously has far reaching implications and effects and that has now reached crisis proportions. IS ANYONE THINKING ABOUT THE CHILDREN?
If the aim of Black people is to produce more and more Black people, then, no, there should be no vasectomies for Black men and no birth control used by EITHER gender. But if our goal is to produce more and more capable Black people who can successfully meet the challenges of life, then yes, I think more children ought to be produced by people who are equipped to raise children. Others of us who are not equipped should NOT be able to spawn and pump out babies—rather it’s men or women. Otherwise, we will have a lot more of what we have now which is far too many children who suffer in all kinds of ways as children and who continue to live stunted, suffering lives as adults.

Do any of us really know the lives of those neglected children are like? It’s not hard to figure this out. Would any of us really want to live their often miserable lives, even for a week? It’s so safe, easy, and IMO, irresponsible and immoral to approve of more and more of them being born when we know they are going to suffer so much most of their lives. “Yeah, let them babies come even though we know a lot of them are going to be neglected ‘cause we know that the white man is trying to limit our population.”

It just seems to me that when some Black folks feel that white folks are for or against any issue, many of us automatically jump to the other side without critically thinking further. Before some of us continue to do this in a knee-jerk way, let’s do some critical thinking and remember that even the NOI and white racists AGREED about separating the races, but for different reasons. Also, since our thinking is so predictable in this way, it’s very easy for our enemy to know how we will think and feel about ANY issue and exploit us or do further damage. Look at the last election. Our predictabilty makes us so easy to control. Why don’t we try surprising the enemy sometimes?

Riada said:
It doesn’t sound like the talk show guy's message is geared to men who take care of their children or ones who are determined to do so.

I may be the lone voice in the wilderness on this issue which obviously has far reaching implications and effects and that has now reached crisis proportions. IS ANYONE THINKING ABOUT THE CHILDREN?
If the aim of Black people is to produce more and more Black people, then, no, there should be no vasectomies for Black men and no birth control used by EITHER gender. But if our goal is to produce more and more capable Black people who can successfully meet the challenges of life, then yes, I think more children ought to be produced by people who are equipped to raise children. Others of us who are not equipped should NOT be able to spawn and pump out babies—rather it’s men or women. Otherwise, we will have a lot more of what we have now which is far too many children who suffer in all kinds of ways as children and who continue to live stunted, suffering lives as adults.

Do any of us really know the lives of those neglected children are like? It’s not hard to figure this out. Would any of us really want to live their often miserable lives, even for a week? It’s so safe, easy, and IMO, irresponsible and immoral to approve of more and more of them being born when we know they are going to suffer so much most of their lives. “Yeah, let them babies come even though we know a lot of them are going to be neglected ‘cause we know that the white man is trying to limit our population.”
It just seems to me that when some Black folks feel that white folks are for or against any issue, many of us automatically jump to the other side without critically thinking further. Before some of us continue to do this in a knee-jerk way, let’s do some critical thinking and remember that even the NOI and white racists AGREED about separating the races, but for different reasons. Also, since our thinking is so predictable in this way, it’s very easy for our enemy to know how we will think and feel about ANY issue and exploit us or do further damage. Look at the last election. Our predictabilty makes us so easy to control. Why don’t we try surprising the enemy sometimes?

How would you feel about sterilizing black women? Who can make such judgements? Who can determine what person will be a responsible parent in the future? Should all people in the ghetto be sterilized? I know people from middle class America who have become baby mommas & baby daddies! I also know people in the ghetto who are responsible parents! This is an issue of values & upbringing, not class. Proposing that black men get a vasectomy in order to reduce out of wedlock children at best is a cosmetic, superficial solution....at worse it is outright genocide!

panafrica said:
How would you feel about sterilizing black women? Who can make such judgements? Who can determine what person will be a responsible parent in the future? Should all people in the ghetto be sterilized? I know people from middle class America who have become baby mommas & baby daddies! I also know people in the ghetto who are responsible parents! This is an issue of values & upbringing, not class. Proposing that black men get a vasectomy in order to reduce out of wedlock children at best is a cosmetic, superficial solution....at worse it is outright genocide!

I believe that WE, Black folks should be the ones who control this issue and not let others do so. If we don't do rise to lead on the issue, then others will.

I used the expression "spawn and pump out babies" in my post above, referring to both men and women. Who said this was a class issue? Yes, there are middle class people who don't take care of their children and they should NOT have them. Children are human beings. They are not OWNED by other human beings to be abused or used for whatever purposes.

And for those who oppose these vasectomies and other forms of population control (for men and women), I wonder how many would be willing to contribute money to a well-run foundation to care for these children properly. How many would become surrogate parents for them? How many of you are willing to be there when they need a hug or help with their homework on a day-in, day-out basis, or to teach them how to become responsible males and female adults, etc.?

Vasectomies are a pseudo-permanent thing. There is a possibility of reversal, but no guarantee the man will be able to reproduce. Plus, it is still a surgical procedure that carries risks, no matter how slight.

Condoms are an effective way for men to prevent impregnanting a woman, plus they prevent HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases. It's something that needs to be used whether a man has a vasectomy or not. There should also be some discretion in who the man decides to sleep with, since if a condom breaks a woman could still get pregant. If you get a person you geninuely care about pregnant, then it won't be quite as diastrous as getting a one-night stand pregnant.

Indeed, there is nothing wrong with people trying to find solutions for black men and women to have babies responsibly, but there is no need for anyone to have to turn to such drastic and permanent measures. Nobody has the right to dictate who is or isn't worthy of having kids. If this man wants to have a vasectomy as a form of birth control more power to him, but his solution should not be a cureall for most black men.

Riada said:
I believe that WE, Black folks should be the ones who control this issue and not let others do so. If we don't do rise to lead on the issue, then others will.

I used the expression "spawn and pump out babies" in my post above, referring to both men and women. Who said this was a class issue? Yes, there are middle class people who don't take care of their children and they should NOT have them. Children are human beings. They are not OWNED by other human beings to be abused or used for whatever purposes.

And for those who oppose these vasectomies and other forms of population control (for men and women), I wonder how many would be willing to contribute money to a well-run foundation to care for these children properly. How many would become surrogate parents for them? How many of you are willing to be there when they need a hug or help with their homework on a day-in, day-out basis, or to teach them how to become responsible males and female adults, etc.?

First I'd like to express that I am a strong advocate of producing black children in married/stable families. The issue is near and dear to my heart. Although I see advocating vasectomies and sterilization as an asinine cosmetic solutions. The only thing this will accomplish is producing less children or no children, which will ultimately lead to genocide. I find it both scary and sad that any black person would suggest such an idea, and that some would support it. Indeed we need to be more discriminating about the ideas/notions we support...we have to look at the motivations behind ideas. This proposal fails to guarantee a higher quality of lifestyle for the children already in existance. It also fails to address the mentality of child abandoment that currently exist in the black community. The reason there are so many fatherless households in the black community is because men/fathers are no longer valued in our community. I have written extensively on the subject at this website:

The mentality of child abandoment:

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27719&highlight=mentality+child+abandonment

Mothers abandoning their children: A new trend in the black community

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35557

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back