Black Entertainment : Valencia Robinson - Good Things Are Real

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Ikoro, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Peace Beloved.

Just Listen!

I was looking for a song I heard years back from the Neo-Soul United vol.3 album, off the label Glory Records (also, check out Hidden Hits if you haven't). But this Sister I was looking for was proper underground, dig? But after some digging, I found her.

I discovered a gem I had not even heard before, and it made me stomp my feet and clap my hands, snap my fingers and turn screw-face all at the same time. Shouting: "Why isn't this charting?" Listening to the intro, it's obvious.

What do I call this? Acoustic soul? Ambient black power? Soul Sister empowerment vibrational tactics? I DON'T KNOW. So listen. Just listen.

Please, listen and vibe to this. Because when you finally get tired of all these candy, bubble-gum sugar pop, bleached out Sisters stripping on MTV, BET or whatever... you will eventually be guided to the sounds of real Sisters and Brothers that just want to touch your soul and your mind. Valencia Robinson is one such Divine Sister. Her smooth vocals lace your spirit, begins the healing and if you ARE WILLING - it will elevate you. Sit back, ingest and grow - you better JUST DO IT.

To all my Sisters: I dedicate this to you, I love you so.

Also, get the album and check out her song "blacksolsista", it's da hotnezz.

One.

- Ikoro

2. Ikoro

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Also, fam. If you give me a minute I am going to upload two spiritual tracks from a Sister named Natassja (Amethyst), and one from Sister Valencia (blacksolsista). I need to go to the gym first, so hold on tight.

Much Love.

One.

- Ikoro

3. Ikoro

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Ah, I just couldn't leave the house without uploading this for ya'll. Had to do a little editing since I was recording this off a radio. Format is m4a, so use itunes or google fora converter if you don't have itunes, quicktime or vlc.

Two songs in one file, first one is Natassja with Amethyst. Second one out is Valencia Robinson with BlackSolSista. Click here.

Hope ya'll dig it.

Late for my gym appointment, so please drop me some daps cuz I love YA'LL!

Edit: Actually, the gym is closing in less than an hour so I can't do follow my schedule today. Somebody cheer me up and give me the impression that missing the pursuit of optimal physical fitness for one day is ok because it put a smile on a melaninated face :D

Well, I'll do my yoga instead.

One.

- Ikoro

4. Ikoro

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Ey yo, ya'll need to watch this, download that and drop.some.comments.

Ya heard?

- Ikoro