Black Entertainment : V for Vendetta

kente417mojo said:
It was a great movie. I liked it a lot. It's a direct jab at the current administration and conservatives have their panties in a bunch over this movie. On top of the great plot and acting, it was really entertaining. I think everyone should go see this film because it was really a lot better than I thought it would be. Hollywood surprised me with this one.

Best line: "The only thing we have in common, is we're both about to die".
i saw it tonight. the main thing i found interesting is that it effectively glorified terrorism in the face of oppression..

omowalejabali said:
i saw it tonight. the main thing i found interesting is that it effectively glorified terrorism in the face of oppression..

I agree. It shows that "terrorism" is subjective, depending on who's doing the labeling. People forget that people just don't go around blowing stuff up and killing people for the fun of it. There's a reason and a story behind every act. The act may be something that people feel is the action of a "terrorist", but the motive behind it remains unseen to average people.

kente417mojo said:
I agree. It shows that "terrorism" is subjective, depending on who's doing the labeling. People forget that people just don't go around blowing stuff up and killing people for the fun of it. There's a reason and a story behind every act. The act may be something that people feel is the action of a "terrorist", but the motive behind it remains unseen to average people.

True indeded. I find it very laughable, that this same country that was founded upon armed revolution, is labeling other countries and nations as "terrorists" for doing the very same thing.

Great flick. I think that the predominant message is how pawn like we all are. That is, how many masked super-terrorists are there out there to fight for us? Shoot, how many unmasked leaders are there out there to fight for us? We listen to the message, talk about the problem, but we never take what might be deemed adequate action against the devils. We never stand up and fight for ourselves. There are plenty of excellent radio talk show personalities out there speaking very positively. But to what effect? Like all of those parents standing outside of Columbine while their children were slaughtered. Just b/c the yellow line read "do not cross."

Speaking personally, I think we have no arms with which to fight. If guns were the arms necessary to effect change, it would be different (but then again "they got some s. that will blow out our backs"). It seems like we have so little power to the degree that they are just bullies gloating over us while they beat us into the ground or submission. Whichever comes first. I was taught to just get out of their way and allow them to destroy themselves as they know they are going to (700 years is about up). And although I have faith that all will be well, I'm a warrior by nature. My wife "helps" people, and expends a bunch of energy doing it. We desperately NEED these people. But I feel like I don't have any way to actually fight back. Difficult to take for a Man like myself (might go throw on a mask and a cape:?: )

Great flick though. It just seems a bit late for the masses to awaken. But then I recall my realized philosophy:
"It's not so much the change you make, as much as it is the minds you change." That's what gets me by.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back