Black Entertainment : V for Vendetta

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by uplift19, Mar 22, 2006.

1. uplift19

uplift19 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    Has anyone seen the movie V for Vendetta? http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/

At first I thought it was going to be stupid just because of the title, but I had an opportunity to see it last night and really enjoyed it. It's mainly about revolution of the people against an unjust government. From a British perspective, it's a futuristic view of how the world will view what in the movie was called the "Former United States of America." America had since fallen because of war and plague and a home grown terrorist struck London. The funny thing is that the movie actually made the terrorist look like a freedom fighter.

I don't want to spoil it for those who have not seen it, so I will not reveal any more of the plot. I think it is interesting, though, that white folks are even observing how their own actions are leading to their downfall.

2. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Awesome film. I saw it in the first night it premiered in the theaters.

The film deals with the reprocussions of an oppressive government.....Sort of like the one we live in at present.

UPLIFT, did you know that there are graphic novels out for this film? In fact, that's what the film is based on.

PEACE

3. Tantrum

Tantrum Well-Known Member MEMBER

Pos Technical Support
    Ratings:
    +12
    I really want too see this movie
    Everyone is saying this movie is real good

4. uplift19

uplift19 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    Wasn't he a smooooooth murderer? Esp. with that woman, it's like she thanked him for killing her, lol.

Yes, I could tell by the beginning of the film but I had not seen the novels.

5. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    It was a great movie. I liked it a lot. It's a direct jab at the current administration and conservatives have their panties in a bunch over this movie. On top of the great plot and acting, it was really entertaining. I think everyone should go see this film because it was really a lot better than I thought it would be. Hollywood surprised me with this one.

Best line: "The only thing we have in common, is we're both about to die".

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    man i saw this and really found it to be very good movie
    one to see for real............................................

7. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    i saw it tonight. the main thing i found interesting is that it effectively glorified terrorism in the face of oppression..

8. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34

I agree. It shows that "terrorism" is subjective, depending on who's doing the labeling. People forget that people just don't go around blowing stuff up and killing people for the fun of it. There's a reason and a story behind every act. The act may be something that people feel is the action of a "terrorist", but the motive behind it remains unseen to average people.

9. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    True indeded. I find it very laughable, that this same country that was founded upon armed revolution, is labeling other countries and nations as "terrorists" for doing the very same thing.

10. Sefirot

Sefirot Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +14
    Great flick. I think that the predominant message is how pawn like we all are. That is, how many masked super-terrorists are there out there to fight for us? Shoot, how many unmasked leaders are there out there to fight for us? We listen to the message, talk about the problem, but we never take what might be deemed adequate action against the devils. We never stand up and fight for ourselves. There are plenty of excellent radio talk show personalities out there speaking very positively. But to what effect? Like all of those parents standing outside of Columbine while their children were slaughtered. Just b/c the yellow line read "do not cross."

Speaking personally, I think we have no arms with which to fight. If guns were the arms necessary to effect change, it would be different (but then again "they got some s. that will blow out our backs"). It seems like we have so little power to the degree that they are just bullies gloating over us while they beat us into the ground or submission. Whichever comes first. I was taught to just get out of their way and allow them to destroy themselves as they know they are going to (700 years is about up). And although I have faith that all will be well, I'm a warrior by nature. My wife "helps" people, and expends a bunch of energy doing it. We desperately NEED these people. But I feel like I don't have any way to actually fight back. Difficult to take for a Man like myself (might go throw on a mask and a cape:?: )

Great flick though. It just seems a bit late for the masses to awaken. But then I recall my realized philosophy:
    "It's not so much the change you make, as much as it is the minds you change." That's what gets me by.