The Front Porch : used to be Istlota, now thePreacher

Of course, we who have been a part of earlier generations, come away disappointed and frustrated, to what is unbelievable apathy etc, among too many of today's youth...

Thing is: Some who defend them don't make a clear distinction, i. e., between what this nation's mainstays hype as their preferred take, as in mere youthful rebellion, as opposed to the examples presented by the young Civil Rights activists, and/or the Panthers, etc.

As in: Don't prey on and do strive to make where you live a better place than you found it...

Also as I recall, I grew up in a neighborhood, not a slum...

What is up with 'being down in (with) the hood', i. e., acting and reacting as though today's youth gangs are the same as the reformed ones who founded the Oakland Panthers etc.?

Sigh...

No easy ways out...

Folk need to do their homework...

FYI

You have got to be joking. "Apathy" of our youth?

You clearly are out of touch. It's some of you "elders" who are dead weighting our youth with your apathy and failure to provide positive direction.

Before you can keep it real, you have to get real first.

I asked a few questions. Did you answer even one? No. Instead, you come back with more rhetoric.

I keep it real with the youth. And I'm gonna keep it that way. Despite your rants.

First of all, you can choose to believe whatever you please, and then there's the truth...

Yes, you have many positive qualities, but nobody is above criticism, etc.

You dare to imply and suggest others who don't feel as you dont deserve your props?

Shame on you too!

Quit tripping and I'm not quitting!!

SMH

You have got to be joking. "Apathy" of our youth?

You clearly are out of touch. It's some of you "elders" who are dead weighting our youth with your apathy and failure to provide positive direction.

The issue and problem is sometime back you quit evolving/growing/etc., or you wouldn't just being reacting, instead of responding to new challenges, with inspiring comebacks, not attitude b. s. and/or cheap shots ad naseum etc.

I. e., only a collective approaches can and will resolve our peoples issues/problems/etc., and one leads by their own examples, etc.

FYI...

lol I find it hard that some of you have ANY rapport with youh at all or that any youth takes you seriously, especially how some of you have already deemed the youth as being hopeless and doomed failures (more or less) in past discussions in regards to them.

Time and again, folks like you complain about white folks stereotyping us, and now you typecast other posters, whose takes are no less a reflection of our empathy/sympathy/etc. for our youth, though I suggest some of us are being a tad bit more for real about than you are?

Black on black youth violence isn't something I and others just made up:

It's the regrettable stuff we continue to see news reports on the evening TV shows about...

A case study:

Consider the bloodbath which just plagued Chicago's memorial day weekend...

SMH...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back