The Front Porch : used to be Istlota, now thePreacher

when you try to tell somebody that the stove is hot and they will be burned if they put their hand on it and they tell you they must be free to make their own mistakes and they put their hand on the stove and get burned and end up in the ER…it gets discouraging:11300:

Some will burn...

Others listen and learn...

Their calls...

Their choices...

Their lives...

:thinking:

when you try to tell somebody that the stove is hot and they will be burned if they put their hand on it and they tell you they must be free to make their own mistakes and they put their hand on the stove and get burned and end up in the ER…it gets discouraging:11300:

Some "concerned" parents will be discouraged; some will smile (or sigh) inwardly and think "he's learning...." Depending on the severity of the burn, ALL concerned parents will either put cocoa butter on it or take their child to the hospital. You remember how YOU "knew everything" at his/her age and never give up on them. Who knows? Hang in there and you might one day get the heady pleasure of overhearing, after a "lesson of history" was disregarded and she got burned, then following my advice and the sun started shining, as did I of my daughter saying... in wonderment... to my son: "Have you noticed? Momma's ALWAYS right!" :bellydance:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back