The Front Porch : used to be Istlota, now thePreacher

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
First of all, you can choose to believe whatever you please, and then there's the truth...

Yes, you have many positive qualities, but nobody is above criticism, etc.

You dare to imply and suggest others who don't feel as you dont deserve your props?

Shame on you too!

Quit tripping and I'm not quitting!!

SMH

No shame on me and never have I mentioned anything about deserving props. And I'm not the one tripping. You are. Typical deflection.

As I stated before, I asked you a few questions which you have yet to answer. And I know the reasons why.

I'm willing to bet that some of you who are so hard on the youth have not raised any of your own because if you did you would not walk in the spirit of condemnation that you do.

The funny thing is you, more than anyone else here have been all up in my Facebook, to the point of posting pics of my relatives on your page.

The point being, anyone who does any serious building with me outside of here KNOWS right and exactly who, how much and the extant of I am still involved with African Youth movement.

And you tell me to stop tripping? As I told you before. Do yourself a favor and ignore me. Stay out of my lane. Before you get hurt.

You operating like Cointelpro digging into my fam. And that is one thing you better "quit".

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
I could go on about Detroit's sad black youth gang history, but I'd rather refer to the film, THE EDUCATION OF SONNY CARSON, which is as raw as it gets...

Contrast that with the fantasy trip COLORS is...

The second one too many less than aware older folk also associate with today's black youth gangs:

The first one reveals the real deal, in more than Chitown, these days, etc.

:10500:

MsInterpret

Apr 21, 2007
Washington
Time and again, folks like you complain about white folks stereotyping us, and now you typecast other posters, whose takes are no less a reflection of our empathy/sympathy/etc. for our youth, though I suggest some of us are being a tad bit more for real about than you are?

Black on black youth violence isn't something I and others just made up:

It's the regrettable stuff we continue to see news reports on the evening TV shows about...

A case study:

Consider the bloodbath which just plagued Chicago's memorial day weekend...

SMH...

You're making no sense...But I'll decode as much as I can from your statement.

Chuck, you have made a'many remarks in regards to how the youth aren't up to your standards and are failures (in more words or less) in A'MANY posts, and how the youth are the problem....Now all of a sudden your stepping up as their "voice"?

I am in no way against you IF you have in fact had a change of heart, rather then you just spouting off your usual arrogance and nonsensical rhetoric.

What, might I ask, are you doing to solve such a problem (outside of just being a talking-head)?

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
No shame on me and never have I mentioned anything about deserving props. And I'm not the one tripping. You are. Typical deflection.

As I stated before, I asked you a few questions which you have yet to answer. And I know the reasons why.

I'm willing to bet that some of you who are so hard on the youth have not raised any of your own because if you did you would not walk in the spirit of condemnation that you do.

The funny thing is you, more than anyone else here have been all up in my Facebook, to the point of posting pics of my relatives on your page.

The point being, anyone who does any serious building with me outside of here KNOWS right and exactly who, how much and the extant of I am still involved with African Youth movement.

And you tell me to stop tripping? As I told you before. Do yourself a favor and ignore me. Stay out of my lane. Before you get hurt.

You operating like Cointelpro digging into my fam. And that is one thing you better "quit".
On my side of the vid screen, it's political, and on your side, it's obviously getting awfully personal...

FYI

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
You're making no sense...But I'll decode as much as I can from your statement.

Chuck, you have made a'many remarks in regards to how the youth aren't up to your standards and are failures (in more words or less) in A'MANY posts, and how the youth are the problem....Now all of a sudden your stepping up as their "voice"?

I am in no way against you IF you have in fact had a change of heart, rather then you just spouting off your usual arrogance and nonsensical rhetoric.

What, might I ask, are you doing to solve such a problem (outside of just being a talking-head)?
I'm striving to make a difference...

Not just win arguments...

FYI...

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
I am a reflection of getting involved, and now it's time for you to...

I. e., such is what was and is the intent as well as purpose of me posting on these forums...

Asking or expecting me (my generation) resolve your generations issues and problems?

Some things you need and should want to do for yourselves...

FYI...

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
But HOW are you striving to make a difference? :11100:
Telling you the truth about your own shortcomings etc.

I didn't believe I needed or wanted to either...

Then I listened/learned/grew/evolved/etc.

FYI...

MsInterpret

Apr 21, 2007
Washington
I am a reflection of getting involved, and now it's time for you to...

I. e., such is what was and is the intent as well as purpose of me posting on these forums...

Asking or expecting me (my generation) resolve your generations issues and problems?

Some things you need and should want to do for yourselves...

FYI...

I'm striving to make a difference...

Not just win arguments...

FYI...

SO MUCH FOR STRIVING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
You don't place it all withing a historical context, i. e., had past generations settled for being enslaved or not striving to end segregation, etc., we wouldn't be having these exchanges, etc.

First, folk do have to face up to how bad things are, then strive to make things better...

The change has to begin in you, too, then others will emulate your examples...

FYI...

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave: