Law Forum : Use The Law against The LAw

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by Therious, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    I am no lawyer, but as the years go by,the brashness of police in the U.S. seems to get worse. If they are locking away young kids with sentences like 68 years,and 25-life for crimes that don't warrant that type of sentence. i believe it is time that we as citizens push for mandatory sentencing, for police who murder,brutalize,or plant evidence on US citizens.

The Gates situation is a catalyst. these cops murder Blacks,Latinos,and all citizens because they have no fear of repercussion. A Chicago cop recently was let off the hook,for beating the crap out of a white women,and it was all caught on tape! I want to open discussion on how to organize,and push for mandatory minimums for police brutality,and murder of US citizens.

2. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    We must have more community mediation...

and though there are those times when the law must be called into our areas,

us working to resolve as many disputes as possible, can keep them out, and away from having what seems to be normal contact...

mediators, counselors, mentors of all ages, could be given an incentive for there much needed services. counseling Men and Women, about Domestic violence alone, would be a step in the right direction..

no one deserves to be abused, so it could help to have a hotline that alerts the mediator, counselor, mentor etc. instead of the police department. this just may help..

I can think of at least 2 times the police have been in my area for couples fighting, where one of them went to jail, all within a month...

so perhaps rather than doing time, which of course would happen if convicted, the attacker would be given a probation, and possible community service, mentoring to others once given the right counseling.

this is just one example I chose to use because of how long domestic violence cases stretch from state to state.

Those of us who have been caught up within the system, know that having a case against you such as assault, can be devastating, not only in terms of employment, but more importantly, to the spouse, and kids who had to witness it.

but this could be applied to whatever, and whichever we want, theft, drug dealing, harassment, fighting, gangs etc

I would hope we could began policing ourselves..

I am sure we could agree, the less in our area, the better..

So then, as they deal with us with injustice? we will have more on our side, protesting, damanding our justice, more who feel a better sense of community, because we did not just give up on them, and have them hauled away in handcuffs..

I want these attacks, killings, beatings to become scarce, and not just the norm anymore,

I was at a friends house, and while we were hanging out in the parking lot,

up walks this Sister with only one shoe on.

She asked if we had a cell phone, so that she could call the police on her man because as she put it.."this N***** wanna put his hands on somebody!!

I guess I didnt respond quick enough so she throws up her hands saying " you dont want to get involved?...fine? I'll fine some one who will..."

sure enough, she circled around the parking lot, and eventually 3 police cars swooped in followed by an ambulance...

it was not that I didnt want to get involved,but her approach was to get whoever she had a problem with, thrown in jail...

which I dont see how that could have helped. If the issue was over money for instance?...he would now need to be bailed out of jail, possibly lose time from work, pay court cost, restitution.. have a possible felony on his record, depending on where he worked, now may have lost his employment... this is only speculation, but....sorry for drifting of topic, my intentions on helping are genuine..though

3. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    comment

My suggestion, is to advocate across the country for your own rehabilitative centers and restorative justice. The prison industrial complex is private and profit driven, and just like medicine, no good can come from this structure.

When politicians come totting across the forums advocating harsher penalties for criminals, we must come together and collectively decide whether we want justice or revenge. If we are wanting revenge, then we vote to continue our status quo, if we seek to establish healing and harmony, then we must abolish this system and create an alternative - restorative justice.

4. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Great Solution

Great Solution Josef

I like your solution. It is viable and a good working solution.
    I think even a arbitrator for money disputes can be employed. Arbitrations bring the dispute into the open, while keeping it private. The determination is binding and it doesn't cost as much as a bail, or the cost as you stated, prison or worse.

Local African American Business people like lawyers, can mediate. For a few hundred dollars of shared cost. The American Arbitration Association
    is another source. Actually they are a good source for many disputes that include medical billing disputes, product disputes when you are sold a bad product, credit card companies that cheat you or charge crazy interest rates are used and they breach the contract. Any Breach means you no longer owe them. I am sure that applies to any contract.

5. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    I love the ideas i am hearing,however fam,my point is the case in nYC where the Black cop was killed,the case in nYC where the man was killed before his wedding day,the Diallo case,Luema,the list continues. I want to see cops locked away for decades for the crimes they commit. how can we make this happen,they are killing us,and not paying a price. they continue to murder melanated people,because they know that they can get away with it.

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    How can you beat the Law that was design against us ?????

7. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    I propose a more active solution.

I propose every Nubian person learn all they can concerning law particularly criminal law and legal procedure both civil and criminal.

I propose learning what your rights are, how to exercise them, when to exercise them, and ultimately how to defend them.

Defense of rights is done in court.

Declining the offer of the court appointed attorney and doing it one's self would be a great first start.

8. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    You can make the cost of administration that much more expensive all the way around.

At some point, I predict you would be left alone.

Its cheaper to go after someone ignorant of the law than it is someone who would give them hell procedurally every step of the way with the possibility of them losing ... badly.