Black Spirituality Religion : USE OF ALBINOID AS LABEL FOR THOSE WE CALL "WHITE"

Afrodaze1

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 1, 2006
I have decided that I will no longer be concerned with the opinions of Albinoids and how they view us and our-story. I have decided as well (at least for myself) that the term "Albinoid" is a better label to use for their designation as it displaces stereotype, and provides a more "scientific" way to refer to them without accusations of "reverse racism" being able to be used by them. The use of "Caucasian" is a misnomer when applied to them and the term "white" was promoted by their Initiates in order to further the cause of "White supremacy". In using "Albinoid" as a designate, it can be seen to refer to their phenotype and genetic mutation from albinos.

Hmmmm.

Well, the "Caucasian/Albino" discussion has been thrashed here quite a bit.

But, your personally chosen descriptive term for them is an interesting concept.

Thank you. I chose this after learning how "Caucasian" came to be applied to those of European descent: The concept of a Caucasian race or Varietas Caucasia was developed around 1800 by Johann Friedrich Blumenbach, a German scientist and classical anthropologist.[7][7] Blumenbach named it after the peoples of the Caucasus (from the Caucasus region), whom he considered to be the archetype for the grouping.[8] He based his classification of the Caucasian race primarily on craniology.[9] Blumenbach wrote:

"Caucasian variety - I have taken the name of this variety from Mount Caucasus, both because its neighborhood, and especially its southern slope, produces the most beautiful race of men, I mean the Georgian; and because all physiological reasons converge to this, that in that region, if anywhere, it seems we ought with the greatest probability to place the autochthones (birth place) of mankind."[10]

I found the same information a few years ago in an old Encyclopedia Britannica entry on the origin of "race". The fact that the word "race" refers to a competition and yet is still used to imply ethnicity lets us know the social and political ramifications of the word, as was intended by those who first used it to try and justify slavery. "Albinoid" cuts across ethnic and geographic lines, and refers to the fact that while not true albinos, they share similar traits.

Excellent research Afrodaze! Thought provoking and illuminating. Kudos. This is the kind of post - intelligent, ground shaking - that keeps me coming to this site even though I got lots of work to do.

Thank you. I chose this after learning how "Caucasian" came to be applied to those of European descent: The concept of a Caucasian race or Varietas Caucasia was developed around 1800 by Johann Friedrich Blumenbach, a German scientist and classical anthropologist.[7][7] Blumenbach named it after the peoples of the Caucasus (from the Caucasus region), whom he considered to be the archetype for the grouping.[8] He based his classification of the Caucasian race primarily on craniology.[9] Blumenbach wrote:

"Caucasian variety - I have taken the name of this variety from Mount Caucasus, both because its neighborhood, and especially its southern slope, produces the most beautiful race of men, I mean the Georgian; and because all physiological reasons converge to this, that in that region, if anywhere, it seems we ought with the greatest probability to place the autochthones (birth place) of mankind."[10]

I found the same information a few years ago in an old Encyclopedia Britannica entry on the origin of "race". The fact that the word "race" refers to a competition and yet is still used to imply ethnicity lets us know the social and political ramifications of the word, as was intended by those who first used it to try and justify slavery. "Albinoid" cuts across ethnic and geographic lines, and refers to the fact that while not true albinos, they share similar traits.

Excellent research Afrodaze! Thought provoking and illuminating. Kudos. This is the kind of post - intelligent, ground shaking - that keeps me coming to this site even though I got lots of work to do.

Thank you Bro. I appreciate that. I think that as a people, we can only get ahead by working and growing together. In the organization I am part of (The Kingdom Of Ra) we use the term "WEUSI"(pronounced "way-ooh-see") which in Swahili means "Black", but which we also refer to as meaning "There is no WE without US...There is no US without I...There is no I without WE."

P.E.A.C.E.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back