Black People : USA Black Spending

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by oldsoul, Dec 28, 2013.

1. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
  2. candeesweet

candeesweet Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    And I'm wondering why when I turn on the cable television I see no blacks. I guss cause we got other things to do in the dark like spend money on not our neighboors(fellow blacks). Trying our hardest to give the system exactly what they want. Their money back via us not being involved in ANY manner.
    If ya see a black person hungary plz feed them cause no one else will. Especially since we got hella money to rain out. Seems to be that we will die getting everybody else stuff in order but never will look in the mirror under the cloths and figure out where "we as an individual" is going wrong. Ant nothin all right.

3. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Uh...let me get this straight! We give up 252 MILLION a week trying to buy our way into heaven!!?? Are we really that crazy??? I'm in the wrong profession!!!

4. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    You and me both.

5. candeesweet

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    How in the world is there hungary black children with churchs having billions and I mean billions of dollars? Church is suppose to be about community uplifting not taking and giving it back to yourself. Where is the "do unto others as u would want others to do unto u!" Facts are facts. Churchs are business now not community uplifters. Christians should b shamed for not living up to their own "standards."
    Now if college students can go get the left over food from cafeterias and feed homeless and churchs can't. Somethings wrong and not right by a long shot of 240,000,000,000 approximently. Open up your heartschurch and not your greddy eyes.
    I forgot outsiders can not preach to the choir. They won't listen cause they was taught we have the aanswers for you not "them".

6. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    $13 billion to churches and $17 billion to other charities and causes?

Man, black folk going to hell in a handbasket! :lol:

Course both pale before the amount of money we spend on clothes and our trips to the barber/beautician.... not to mention our 'reach out and touch someone, anyone, 10 cents/minute 24/7' cell phones. :10500:

Oh well. At least we read - $321 million spent on books, each and every year. :)

7. WhatNeedsToBeDone

WhatNeedsToBeDone Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    Is there a side-by-side comparison with white or latino spending habits broken down by percentages? It would be nice to compare and contrast..

Anyways, the reality is that ppl are going to spend money on what makes them happy. I wish black entertainment can start to subconsciously glorify more conducive things than impulse/depreciating things. I definitely admit that i'm guilty of this. I've purchased things that I was definitely unable to comfortably afford and am still paying the consequences to this day.

Little things like rappers showing off&bragging about their net worth instead of glorifying&showing off their depreciated Cadillac Escalade! If net worth's were glorified then this would make investing in more stable/appreciating assets much more desirable for blacks. Or slipping in investment names into their lyrics like "bitcoin" or "mutual fund". This may sound ridiculous but when little things like that are slipped into songs then they actually have a strong subconscious impact on the listener; music ins very influential.

8. candeesweet

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    You show hate them little rapper black dudes but cut yourself a break in a seconds time.

9. WhatNeedsToBeDone

WhatNeedsToBeDone Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43

I can't comprehend what your saying.

What I do doesn't impact others, I don't have the influence of a rapper: 50,000,000+ people don't buy my work.

10. candeesweet

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    Just what I thought.