Pan Africanism : US Navy plans to guard West Africa from possible terrorist threat

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by panafrica, Jun 8, 2004.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
  2. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    THANX PAN FOR PUTTING US UP ON GAME. I HAD NO IDEA , BUT IM NOT SUPRISED. I POSTED A THREAD SAYING "ARE BLACKS NEXT IN THE WAR ON TERROR?" THINGS ARE HAPPENING LIKE I THOUGHT THEY WOULD. WHATS NEXT, THERE LOOKING FOR AN "AFRIKAN" SUSPECT IN TH US. RIGHT??

i wonder what these nations are doing, are they allowing them selves to be bought? are the people against this. will they rebell against this.

3. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Yes they are looking for African suspects in the US, and countries like Somalia, The Sudan, Morroco, and the Arabic North of Africa...have been targets since the beginning of this war on "terror". One of the main areas of "US Interest" in West Africa is Equatorial Guinea (my wife's ancestoral homeland). The president of this country, Teodoro Obiang Nguema, will let Europe & America do anything they want as long as the check to his personal bank account is good. The people are against this, and there have been several attempts to overthrow him in recent years. We have to be extremely watchful of this. With so many black muslims, it is natural for black faces to become part of this terror war (particularly groups like the NOI). The assassinations in the coming days might make the murders of black nationalist by the CIA under COINTELPRO in the 1960s look like a picnic in comparison.

4. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    i feel u, war on terror, war on drugs, mandatory sentacing, privatized prisons, its all the same. and they say 911 was not planed? pan in the attempts to over throw, was the president assisted by the u.s. or europe, in defending against rebels? im so often infuriated by what I hear of afrikan leaders.(i am aware of the effects of colinization, not to mention the state of aa's) maby i should do more research but are there any countries, there governed completely by blacks and not s*#ting on there own people. i mean i know of s. afrika but i sometimes get the feeling, they are still in that "lets all get along stage". i hear in zimbawe there taking it to the whites but killing there own t the same time. . how many afrikan nations are building strong armies and not falling to whiteys dollar???whitey meanING european and arab as im sure you know.u know if we all gave a few dollars , we could make some things happen, but then the trust issue comes in, ah well i could go on and on.......

5. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Brother Therious, I'll put it like this...there is no country in Africa, which does not have European or American invested economic interest. I'll also say that any African president that doesn't "accommodate" these interest will probably not be president for long. In years past America & Europe directly and indirectly removed presidents who served the best interest of the people. Such was the case with the legendary 1st president of the Congo, Patrice Lumumba. He was as strong as a leader could be, whose sole interest was unifying the country...he was murdered 6 months into his term by Belgium (and rumor has it the CIA). 40 years later Belgium has outright admitted the role they had in his murder, and "apologized" for it...but there is no turning back to damage that 40 years of corruption under the man who came after Lumumba, Mobutu...did to the country.

Are president's assisted by the US & Europe to prevent coups? Yes they are, not only are they protected from unwanted coups, the US & Europe supports coups (by supplying weapons, intelligience, money, etc) to remove presidents they don't like. This is evident from the situation I described in the 1st paragraph. In regard to the failed coup in Equatorial Guinea, the president was "alerted" by South Africa. However, some of the soldiers were European, and the supposed leader was in Madrid, Spain (an exile of the country). The President of Equatorial Guinea is trying to pressure Spain to send this man to him. Africa is free in name only...they have political independence...economically they remain chained to Europe. No one win become president without "lubricating" these chains.

6. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    YES,MY MOTHER VISITED THE CONGO LAST YEAR. SHE TOLD ME ABOUT THE LUMUMBA SITUATION. THE SCENES SHE DESCRIBED IN THE CONGO WERE DEPRESSING AT BEST.I GUESS THE EVENTS IN HATI WERE NO DIFFERNT. ALL THEY AND WE CAN DO IS KEEP TRYING, YEAH THATS EASY FOR ME TO SAY LIVING WITH LUXURIES LIKE CLEAN WATER, AND FOOD. U KNOW IN THE BACK OF MY HEAD, I KNEW THE ANSWERS TO THOSE QUESTONS I ASKED IN THE PREVIOUS POST. SOMETIMES MY OPTIMISM BLINDS ME.