Black People : US 'losing media war to al-Qaeda'

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by panafrica, Feb 18, 2006.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4725992.stm

2. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    I wonder...where is Rumsfeld going with this?

The military already does significant psyops including paying for fake stories in Iraqi newspapers. U.S. is losing media war because lslamic media publishes real, un-cut images of the death and destruction caused by the West....surely rumsfeld doesn't think propaganda alone will combat that?

Is he laying the groundwork for justifying an elimination of "free" internet communications in the name of security against terrorism? Is he advocating U.S. media publish EVEN LESS detail on the war than they already do?

There has to be some other motive here and if history is any indication it's not on the up and up.

3. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    IMO, we are NEVER going to win anything against the Arab MUSLIMS because a large number of them are willing to die for their beliefs. They are raised that way. The only way the U.S.will win there is if they kill millions and millions of the males and prevent the women from giving birth to more males any time soon.

I dated an Arab man years before 9-11 who was a muslim. He talked to me a lot about their religious and political beliefs of the region and I got a chance to hear how he and his friends, who were mostly students and academicians from many Arab nations, mesh politics, culture, and their religious beliefs. There was no separation between them.

Anyone who tries to devalues their religion is put on their mental kill list. He told me one day that if anyone bothered his father while his father was praying, he could happily kill that person just like the person was a fly.

Their hatred for the West was chilling. It was scary sometimes being in the same room around him and his friends when they talked about this country. Their main beef was with the U.S.A., specifically with white industrialists and those who control the power structure. They didn't express hate for the average, everyday white person here or for the Europeans. They said their target is the powerful whites. Everyone else is just collateral damage to them.

From that experience, I'm convinced that if they can ever get a nuclear weapon, most of them (ALL of the ones I knew) would gladly die IF they knew they could wipe out the West and its allies.

4. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    Riada, while I can agree with the sentiment in your post, did you mean to type "WE" are never going to win anything against the muslims? Who is the "we" that are fighting them?

Did your boyfriends give any indication of what their beef with the U.S. is? Surely it wasn't our "freedom" was it?

5. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    They certainly aren't fighting for "our" freedom in Africa!

6. Riada

Ratings:
    +18
    We means "Americans." I never heard them say anything negative about our "freedom." Actually, they expressed the same sentiments many on this board express. They were anti-white supremacists and the view that whites feel they should dominate and control the world. Also, they hated this country for propping up Israel.

All of the Arab Muslims I knew would have felt very comfortable on this board expressing anti-white sentiments, except their "anti" sentiments were directed against, as I said, the white power structure that keeps white supremacy in place, not the blue collar Joe. Some of them had white girlfriends, white wives, Black girlfriends, Black wives, and some of them were employed in professional jobs in all areas and socialized with white middle class people comfortably.

Unfortunately, many of us Blacks are going to be collateral damage because this country has now stirred up a real hornet's nest. I really don't think that whites understand the Arab Muslim mindset or they have grossly miscalculated it.

7. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Have you ever heard of the Trans-Saharan slave trade?

8. Riada

Ratings:
    +18
    Yes, of course. And?

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    radiation sickness tends to have that effect...........so do weaponized biologicals.......
    they can puff out their chests only because the west has NOT decided to strike back at them.

10. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Then you should know that as far as blacks are considered, there is little difference between Europeans and Arabs. Both have oppressed and enslaved our people. Not only have both oppressed and enslaved our people, Arabs continue to enslave Africans till this day! Therefore the Arab Muslims you knew would feel "very" comfortable on this board expressing anti-white sentiments, only until those of us with knowledge of history and the current situation in Africa turned that back on them.....black wives and girlfriends not withstanding.