Black People : URBAN LEGENDS...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Isaiah, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Black Folks love to embellish a story or two, don't y'all... Yeah, that's how all of these old wild rumors get started, and blown way outta proportion...(smile!)
    Yes, that's how the urban legends get started... Here's a few to sink your teeth into...

http://abwh.tcnj.edu/BLACK URBAN LEGENDS.htm

Peace!
    Isaiah

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Isaiah ... thanks for sharing.

I'm wondering, are you suggesting that the term "urban legend" makes reference to Black folk?

I often wondered that, but refused to believe anyone would attach that ugliness to us.

Please say it aint so.

:heart:

Destee

3. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Destee, I don't understand what you are asking - honestly...(smile!) Do Black folks have our Urban Legends??? Yeah, we've got Stagolee and Dolemite, and whole host of these... Do we post stuff at this board saying Camille Cosby is saying we wont be allowed to vote if Bush doesn't re-up on the Voting Rights Act??? Yep! There's a book out about the whole Dr. Charles Drew episode, where we've been saying for more than 50 years that the brother lost his life because he was refused treatment at a white hospital... Now, the writer of the book says that aint so, and never was... It has become a part of the lore, as many African DID die because of that sort of thing... Didn't happen to Dr. Drew, though(smile!)

So, when I posted this piece that's essentially where I was coming from... Something for us to laugh at ourselves... The grapevine in our communities is something else, but sometimes I actually think it's dangerous... Anything that promotes ignorance is dangerous...

Peace!
    Isaiah

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black poeple urban legends