Black Christians : Upcoming Series About Tithing and New Covenant Giving

Panoramic

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 9, 2014
Greetings,

I invite you to join me on this series about the Biblical history of tithing and New Covenant giving. Your questions and comments are welcome. All I ask is that you are respectful and keep your questions and comments limited to the subject at hand. Most importantly, be like the Jews at Berea: "They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth." (Acts 17:11)

The purpose of this series is to inform, inspire, and equip the saints to do the work of ministry.

In my experience, there is a severe lack of knowledge within the professing Christian community when it comes to the subjects of tithing, giving, financial stewardship, and financial or material support for ministers of Christ. This lack of knowledge puts many Believers at a disadvantage and makes them susceptible to unbiblical fundraising methods that are based on false teachings.

I believe that born-again Believers, for the most part, are generous people. However, it is important that our generosity is coupled with discernment and based on sound exegetical teaching. God is a God of generosity, and He's also a God of truth. Jesus said that He is the truth (John 14:6). He said that if we abide in His word, we are His disciples indeed, and we shall know the truth and the truth shall make us free (John 8:31-32). In John 4:24, the Lord said that those who worship the Father must worship Him in Spirit and in truth. Truth is paramount.

When our giving is motivated by and based on the truth of the Gospel -- it glorifies God, builds up the body of Christ, displays Jesus to the world, and reaps a bountiful harvest. And so, it is my aim to present the truth of Scripture and encourage God's people to attain knowledge and understanding and apply what they learn.

The next installment will be about Abraham's tenth to Melchizedek.

Greetings,

I invite you to join me on this series about the Biblical history of tithing and New Covenant giving. Your questions and comments are welcome. All I ask is that you are respectful and keep your questions and comments limited to the subject at hand. Most importantly, be like the Jews at Berea: "They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth." (Acts 17:11)

The purpose of this series is to inform, inspire, and equip the saints to do the work of ministry.

In my experience, there is a severe lack of knowledge within the professing Christian community when it comes to the subjects of tithing, giving, financial stewardship, and financial or material support for ministers of Christ. This lack of knowledge puts many Believers at a disadvantage and makes them susceptible to unbiblical fundraising methods that are based on false teachings.

I believe that born-again Believers, for the most part, are generous people. However, it is important that our generosity is coupled with discernment and based on sound exegetical teaching. God is a God of generosity, and He's also a God of truth. Jesus said that He is the truth (John 14:6). He said that if we abide in His word, we are His disciples indeed, and we shall know the truth and the truth shall make us free (John 8:31-32). In John 4:24, the Lord said that those who worship the Father must worship Him in Spirit and in truth. Truth is paramount.

When our giving is motivated by and based on the truth of the Gospel -- it glorifies God, builds up the body of Christ, displays Jesus to the world, and reaps a bountiful harvest. And so, it is my aim to present the truth of Scripture and encourage God's people to attain knowledge and understanding and apply what they learn.

The next installment will be about Abraham's tenth to Melchizedek.

Greetings Panoramic,

Thanks for bringing the series. I'm looking forward to the next installment concerning Abraham's tenth.

From one Berean to another, the study should be profound since Paul tells us this, in the book of Hebrews:

Hebrews 5:12-14 King James Version (KJV)

12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews+5:+12-14&version=KJV

And as we know, it's incumbent upon all Christians to study to show oneself approved.

Peace In,

Greetings Panoramic,

Thanks for bringing the series. I'm looking forward to the next installment concerning Abraham's tenth.

From one Berean to another, the study should be profound since Paul tells us this, in the book of Hebrews:

Hebrews 5:12-14 King James Version (KJV)

12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

And as we know, it's incumbent upon all Christians to study to show oneself approved.

Peace In,

Thank you for joining me Clyde. Hopefully you will take something valuable away from this series and also provide insightful input. I look forward to iron sharpening iron.

Thank you for joining me Clyde. Hopefully you will take something valuable away from this series and also provide insightful input. I look forward to iron sharpening iron.

Without any doubt, Panoramic, you are very welcome.

Meaningful value has already been established by virtue of these exchanges, and can only manifest more understanding in something I whole very dear to my heart, the Word of God.

Yes Ma'am, iron always sharpens iron.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back