Black Positive People : Unveiling of the Rosa Parks Statue... February 27, 2013

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

U.S. President Barack Obama (C) applauds after the unveiling of the Rosa Parks statue in the U.S. Capitol in Washington February 27, 2013. (From L-R) are Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, House Speaker John Boehner and House minority leader Nancy Pelosi. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque (UNITED STATES - Tags: POLITICS)

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/rosa-parks-statue-unveiled-slideshow/u-president-barack-obama-officials-applaud-unveiling-rosa-photo-181543533.html

Peace In,

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
Alright, that's a little much, don't peeps think? A statue for being a figure in history that chose to stay seated on a bus. Why a statue?

G Ali

Jul 9, 2012
Alright, that's a little much, don't peeps think? A statue for being a figure in history that chose to stay seated on a bus. Why a statue?

I think it's what she represents...yeah she just "stayed seated" and yeah people had done it before her, but her moment came to symbolize a benchmark in our struggle.

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
I think it's what she represents...yeah she just "stayed seated" and yeah people had done it before her, but her moment came to symbolize a benchmark in our struggle.
But a statue for it? They afraid she going to be forgotten?

If people admire the person, let them be admired, not some cold image of them that doesn't show forth much at all.

G Ali

Jul 9, 2012
But a statue for it? They afraid she going to be forgotten?

If people admire the person, let them be admired, not some cold image of them that doesn't show forth much at all.

ehh...guess they feel holidays are getting cliche

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Life is just a breath, but your works last forever.
@Destee
During this time, I wanna to wish everyone on this site the most blesseth and positive energy throughout
the rest of 2020 as we continue to persevere and raise awareness during this plandemic.
Continue to stay safe
and healthy. We're in the perfect time to self-care and boost our immune systems through at home remedies.
@Destee
I know this is my first status update since 2020 begin, but all of us agree that 2020 delivered a low-blow
to each of us with the miscellaneous events we have recently seen which brought all of us great displeasure.
Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.