Black Relationships : untitled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledda

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 29, 2005
Now, what I'm about to adress is said in all respect and love and isn't meant to harm anyone.

I'm confused.

James, in "I Lost My Cool.....", you admitted that you made a mistake in hitting someone. Now, I'm not judging you because we all make mistakes, but brother you came down hard on me in "In love with an inmate" and then again in "Jailbird". You were speaking of persons who had committed crimes in general, not even letting up on those who made mistakes and had gotten their act together. I do agree that there are people who just won't do right to save their souls and they can't be trusted. There are people that have committed severe and cold blooded crimes without remorse for anyone they hurt, but all (and you've proved this so) who have done wrong cant be put into this category. I kept mentioning prayer and God and His forgiveness (I'll come back to you Bigtown, in a moment) but you were set in your beliefs.

Even ever so slightly, have some of those beliefs changed?

James, you referred to all criminals as "loosers". Here are some of your quotes:
"If you do the crime you do the time."

"Why are people in prison? Because they committed a crime and got caught."

"Don't be comparing someone who has already shown the poor judgement of doing the crime and getting caught against someone who never did a crime." (Was hitting this man your first crime?)

"Thugs and criminals do not contribute to the community. They are parasites upon the community and should be regarded as such. If you know you are a criminal, please don't be looking for no love from me" Brothe James, I need a little love now. As I said before, that's a battery charge. Mistake or not, a policeman, prosecuter, or judge wouldn't see it that way.

Bigtown, you backed James up on everything he said and then flipped the script and told him, "So you whipped the white boys @$$ James, God forgives you. (See above) The little piss ant caught you on a bad day." Here you were somewhat excusing his behavior although you're so against all the criminals out there. What makes what James did different? Again, yes he made a mistake but in all your other responses you weren't so quick to forgive the brothers that had made little mistakes like James had and were ready to crucify all, no matter what the circumstances. Here are some of your quotes:

"I believe sistas should leave those men where they put themselves."

"If they broke the law I would consider them criminals. It doesn't matter who they are."

"Those men are weak and parasites to feed on us."

All I'm saying is we all have days where our lives aren't crystal clear. We fall short of we and others expect of ourselves. We make mistakes and bad choices and ANYONE can find themselves in something we hadn't at first ever anticipated, like facing criminal charges, jail or prison. ANYONE It happened to me, it happened to Martha Stewart, a famous white woman, and although I pray that it doesn't, it may still happen to Brother James.

No offense given.

Hi Sister Ledda!

Putting a persons in the title is not allowed here. Nor is addressing a thread to anyone in specific. If you are responding to someone, then it is okay to include their name. I will remove the names from you title for you and you can change it to any other title if you like. Just click on the edit button at the bottom of your post. It will open your post for editing. Also will you make the post an open one, leaving out the names so everyone can join in on the discussion.

Thank you Very much Sister Ledda!

Sister Ledda ... putting someone's name in a thread title, is virtually calling them out ... starting a thread where they are the topic. This is not allowed.

If you disagree with someone's comments in a thread, it's best to challenge them right there, rather than calling them out in a brand new one.

While i'm sure Brothers James and BigTown can respond to your queries, i'm going to close this thread.

You're welcome to copy and paste the above, into the discussions you are referencing.

Much Love and Peace Family.

:heart:

Destee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back