Black Short Stories : Untitled...any ideas?

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by Jelly, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Jelly

Jelly Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I got it when I was 14, back when it was called the'gay disease.' I was one of those girls whose parents worked until nine, one of those girls who loved the thought of sleeping with four different guys a week. I didn't think anything could happen to me, I was young well to do, popular and pretty. Guys were a logical hobby for me. I didn't use any protection and I wasn't careful.

I got it when I was 14, now I'm 26. I've matured, and so, unfortunately has it. I've become a laywer in a prestigious firm, I have the credentials to one day make partner. I still have my youth, my status quo, and my looks, but I'm no longer concerned with men, I have greater ambitions now.

I got it when I was 14, now I'm 34, and married with two young cildren whom I adore. I am not as invicible asI once thought. I can now see the disease start to take effect. It has crept into every aspect of my life, professional, social, and the worst thing is what its' doing to my family. I fear not being there for my children, not being there for my husband. I'm just really afraid of not being here.

I got it when I was 14, now I'm 42 and dying. I'm dying, and nothing stops death; not youth, not money, not looks. I feel so isolated, how could this happen, why did this happen, someone could have...should have told me. I look down on the faces of my beloved children and tears stream down my face. How am I going to tell them that Mommy will have to go away soon. How do I cram a life time of experiences and knowledge into a few months. They are so young, will they remember me, the times we shared? And my husband, how is he going to cope without me?

I got it when I was 14, I died from it at 44. A moments pleasure, who would have thought I would pay for it with my life. Life, such a precious word, such a precious thing, you only get one chance at it. Enjoy it, but be careful; don't make the mistake I did.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    The joy and fun the pain and destruction it leaves on life
    being grown and now grown can't live to see old.

could be titled ( Grown Too Fast )

3. nevar

nevar Well-Known Member MEMBER

working to own my plus size empire.....
    Ratings:
    +135
    i would call it Falling to Pieces thanks for the awareness.:

4. Jelly

Jelly Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I like that