Black Education / Schools : University Miss Black pageant winner criticized for 'not being black enough'

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015

A University of Texas Miss Black pageant winner received some backlash for 'not being black enough.'

Rachel Malonson graduated from Magnolia High School. Malonson's brother says people have never really been able to pinpoint her ethnicity.

Malonson entered an annual UT Miss Black pageant hosted by Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity, but she had no expectation of winning.

Read more

http://abc13.com/news/ut-miss-black-winner-criticized-for-not-being-black-enough/1959571/

I first and foremost just consider myself Jamaican however, the Jamaican community in England will class me as Indo Jamaican, or when they want to be insulting they call me coolie. Whites in England just think I'm Indian. So it's how the world perceives you. I sure as f/k ain't gonna walk around town in a sandwich board proclaiming my ethnicity, f/k that.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back