Black People : Unity what about my freedom?

LOL

You make me laugh. I like your personality...it somewhat reminds me of me. But I am not going to explain myself. I've been doing that through the whole post. Maybe you should go back and reread it and if you still don't understand. As far as what I am referring to and things of that nature then I'll explain myself. Because if you read the rest of the post...I am solely basing it on our current and past generation. How the current generation is being treated by our past generation and what our past generation think and expect of the current. Which is where it all balls down to. How can we work together by looking past our differences..anyways...just read it. If you don't catch on then...then I'll try to explain. Cool...

Good question

Who says its has to be a cross to bear? I'm sorry I'm not the spokesperson for the 18-30 group. What I will state is that from an individualistic point of view, FREEDOM and INDEPENDENCE has BLACK FOLK heads fried. We have been swallowed up into the BORG of WHITE CULTURE. Assimilated in some ways but still discounted to ZERO in others.

We all know the statistics, facts, plagues and choices people make young and old. This is the coveted mountaintop and at times I'm disgusted with it. Colin Ferguson I feel your pain!

When your generation came into adulthood what banner or cross did you pick up and carry?

As far as many of us is concerned...their was none. But we did not neglect the fact of who we are and what we as future black leaders should or shouldn't do. Now don't get me wrong. Their are many of us who deny the fact of who we are...Always pulling the crab back in the barrel or jealous to see another brotha or sista come up. Rather than supporting them. But that's every where you go. We can't seem to eliminate it regardless.

I must admit...you got me stuck on this one. But I have no intentions on picking up anything. We have learned my generation to fight with our brains rather than our hands. But I also see that so many don't see a way to do better. And those people aren't minors. They range from the ages of 18-21. Some a little older. They don't have support by our older generation to want to do better. Even our own people look down on our young black brothas and some sistas. They criticize the way they dress and the way they do things. We turn each other against ourselves. Since slavery we have always been outcast to each other from light to dark, from house slave to field slave.

How do i make a difference. I have my brother and my cousins....young men and women...and i'm only 21. I try my best to help them see a better way. Because many of them don't. I'm am the first in my family to even go to college and finish. I am predominantly so far the only one in my household to graduate from high school. I help by helping them...teaching them what they are willing to hear because after everyone turning their back on them for so long...after people turning their back on you for so long....you see it your way and that's it. I've seen it so many times. And not just within my own family. You see you can say what we my generation is doing wrong...but regardless it starts with our past one. We simply conform to what is given. I've learned that not everyone is strong as me...which i had to learn the hard way. And now i understand...which is why i stopped pinning the blame. I don't blame my past generation wholely for what goes on in this world today...but a lot of it I can't change either...I just try and make it better for me and the people around me. Many of us don't feel like whe should carry the burden of our past generation...to dwell on so many things that will never change. If we can..we simply try to change what is going on now. I agree with you somewhat on your statement...but help me see it through your eyes. What do you see going on this world today..what changes would you or have you made as a human being to make this world a better place for our race. To bring us together.

***you know many of the people in my generation don't see color. Yet anyway. They live as normal americans...only because it hasn't affected them yet. They haven't truly seen the issues and they will continue to live in denial until that change occurs. That is simply the way they were raised. What do you say about them?

Sorry it took a while

I read your statements and many hold true. But being a prime example of this generation, I will continue to disagree. My points are made and your views will not change. Which i understand and welcome very much so. Its good to see and know what the older generation thinks of the current one. But mind you those like any other individual is either a leader or a follower. Many of us chose to be leaders rather than followers which is where our individualism comes in. If that criminates us...defies our purpose as the current generation. Then so be it. We all make mistakes to learn to from them.

I was on the train the other day and this old man maybe in his early to late 40's was talking to this lady about how they rebuilt the childrens playground in a black neighborhood. And then i thought...how could we do things like that. But we are so busy trying to make a better life for ourselves that we don't have time to do things like that. We know life wasn't easy for a black person back then...life isn't easy for a person today. Education rises every year. When tutition was totally covered by the government and they had less restrictions it wasn't that hard for someone to get an education. I wonder when i have child will i be able to afford to send them to college rather than them depending on the government and becoming in debt like so many us. Paying back student loans. Me and many of my friends worked hard to get where we are...and we work hard to maintain and succeed become accepted by our past generation. You tell us to get an education...that's what we did. Anyways... You are right...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back