Black People : UNITY Just five easy letters, what's the big deal

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    While the entire planet is going
    to economic hell in a hatbox

Why do we as Black folks,
    emphasize our differences, rather then our common? Goals and Desires for

the future of the Race?

If we spent 70% of the time we spend on pointing fingers at each other,
    over isms and schisms,

on discussing solutions

we would be some where by now

2. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    We've spent a colossal amount of time discussing solutions. It hasn't gotten us anywhere. We need to leave the discussions where they are and move on to some action.

3. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Isn't that "hell in a hand-basket"?

Human nature.
    Plus, Nubians are not one monolithic group. The continent we came from is the most diverse on the planet.

I propose individualism along with action as an association.

4. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Th
    That's

5. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Thats a bold faced lie brother and anyone can look at the archives here for the past 8 years to prove that, so lets not get personal about theDOING part, cause I have posted what I have done and who I have worked with,

and quiet is kept this post was raised to end some of this divisiveness over econmic and political beleifs,
    FYI

6. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,097
    Has anyone taken proposed solutions and more or less try to implement them in some kind of way,
    where they reside towards our progress? I myself do not know. However, I've read folks publically
    reach out to others here on Destee, be it p.m. or has exchanged email addresses. I would bet that
    this is a result of someone saying something that resonated with the other party, to the degree that
    they've hooked up via phone or maybe in person. Whether their engagement metabolized into
    "action", I don't know and I if I did I wouldn't say. I Recall blacklioness in an exchange with Full
    Speed warn against publicizing "strategy" on a public domain.

Would black folks making an exodus from all discussion forums all across the
    www help?

Electric media has its advantages. Discussion boards have their advantages.
    The (rhetorical) question is, is one's self taking advantage of it?

7. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,097
    To answer your question:

We fail for the myth of "rugged individualism".
    We misunderstand that "unity" doesn't mean we have
    to agree on every single thing.

I'm afraid that that's the bitter that comes with the sweet. While I reject rugged
    individualism, we as individuals manifest differences of opinion in terms of
    which direction we are to go.

We are human beings just as everyone else. We do not have a patten on dysfunction.
    We do not have to be a monolithic people in order to establish solidarity on what it is
    we have in common and using that commonality to build on. No one disagrees that
    we have a common enemy, as one example.

If we look at europe. Study europe's history/culture as bro. Kenyatta has recommended,
    we find that all those european tribes aren't a monolith. That is to say, they don't much like
    each other, past and present. Yet, if we study the council of berlin 1884-85, we discover
    that these european sects put their differences aside. They realized that they can continue
    to fight each other which will lead to their possible imminent extinction, or they can come to terms and carve
    up afrika, for its resources. Because europe was on the verge, before the first great european
    war, to get after each other. For the time-being cooler heads prevailed. Even before that, a
    pope had to come between spain and portegal (sp), for they were about to get after each
    other for slaves. They worked that out.

European nations, with their non-monolithic selves, banned together in agreement not
    to sell ethiopia weaponry, allowing little italy to invade ethiopia the 2nd time around in
    order to occupy it (if only for a short while). These 'greedy' nations would decided to forgo
    turning a profit? Imagine that...

There are too many examples of yt putting their differences to the side so then:

What is it that these folks have that they can put some of there differences aside that we
    as an afrikan people do not?

8. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    I'm not sure of anyone on this forum doing something collectively. I was under the impression that the OP was talking about Black people doing something in general.

In that context, I can say there's quite a bit being done. Take the National Black Chamber of Commerce, for instance. They're brokering domestic and international business deals on behalf of their membership.

Dr. Claud Anderson (and several investors) own and operate what is possibly the largest domestic fishery in the US and are planning to vertically integrate the entire industry around that company.

The National Association of Black Hotel Owners, Operators and Developers have increased and are continuously working to increase Black hotel ownership.

The Urban Entrepreneurs 100 are investing in and providing advice to budding African American entrepreneurs.

Some African countries are bending over backwards to convince African-Americans to invest and live there.

9. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

I know of a few who have gotten together here, pooled their resources and 'collectively' DONE something and continue to do things.

These types of questions are generally asked by people NOT DOING anything which is probably why the op took brother Knowledge Seeds initial response so personal...

10. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Sounds like the story of te guy who could not tell stgnation from meditation

and thought discussing solutions meant discussing strategy.

Only a fool would assume that emails and phone calls have not been tapped by corporations and gov long before 9/11

so for those wreaked with fear, do nothing!

But who does anyone serve, Willie Lynching this an that for 5 or 6 years?

Sounds lke that serves white supremacy, moe then talking about,
    educational solutions for our youth, collective economics, or improving our communities.

the Nguzo Saba aint even discussed around Kwanzaa