Black People : United States of Africa..Movie (to be out soon)

MsVeraisblessed

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 30, 2012

African hip hop pioneer Didier Awadi is on a quest to craft an album that pays tribute to the great black revolutionary leaders and their struggle to realise a dream: a united, independent Africa. In this epic musical and political journey, Awadi visits some 40 countries to collaborated with hip hop activist artists, including Smockey (Burkina Faso), M-1 of Dead Prez (united States) and ZuluBoy (South Africa).

Featuring a score by Ghislain Poirier, as well as Awadi's own songs, United States of Africa draws the viewer into one artist's profound meditation on the power of music and the impact of political engagement-both individual and collective. A hopeful and compelling portrait of a continent whose plitically aware youth is refusing to accept the role of victim, the film is a call for africns to rise up, take a stand and take control of their continent an their destiny.

I would love to see colloboration between United States and South Africa as far as Hip hop music concerns. Would you?

I do not much like Hip Hop. Yet, I notice that music can really, really touch people. Whenever a DJ pops in a 'classic,' whole crowds fire up, singing along to choruses from their teenage years. Speeches don't do it like music does.

But for the most part, music isn't saying anything. And really, "it's just a song."

This movie has an interesting concept.

African hip hop pioneer Didier Awadi is on a quest to craft an album that pays tribute to the great black revolutionary leaders and their struggle to realise a dream: a united, independent Africa. In this epic musical and political journey, Awadi visits some 40 countries to collaborated with hip hop activist artists, including Smockey (Burkina Faso), M-1 of Dead Prez (united States) and ZuluBoy (South Africa).

Featuring a score by Ghislain Poirier, as well as Awadi's own songs, United States of Africa draws the viewer into one artist's profound meditation on the power of music and the impact of political engagement-both individual and collective. A hopeful and compelling portrait of a continent whose plitically aware youth is refusing to accept the role of victim, the film is a call for africns to rise up, take a stand and take control of their continent an their destiny.

I would love to see colloboration between United States and South Africa as far as Hip hop music concerns. Would you?

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Good one MsVeraisblessed, really enjoyed reading and viewing this one.

Peace In,

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back