Black People : Understanding Your Own Power: Still Believe You Need to Rely on Others?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Blaklioness, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    I'm glad that I found these clips because they are textbook examples of what I've stressed about rediscovering and relying on your own (brain) power and labor instead of that of exploitive outsiders to impact your reality. Pay special attention to the rural scientist(s) who are key innovators. In maximizing their OWN potential, I just hope they remember to avoid the mistakes and ill practices that have come to invade modern science...Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Afriscihero#p/u/0/lQoPBIRQo5Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPjDzgzmzCs

2. abstract219

abstract219 ...standing on the shoulders of giants MEMBER

United States
    Behavioral Health
    Ratings:
    +548
    Thank you so much. So, so very much. Watching the daily struggle Africans go thru, We (id say myself first) have wasted so many energy units on trivial matters.

Seeing African people struggle, but smile, with so little resources makes me glad in a strange way to be in America. Where there is an abundance of resources. But also reminds me that it is within me to be less wasteful and to work harder.

Again, thank you. Im gonna watch it again with my daughter.

peace and blessings.

3. Blaklioness

Ratings:
    +1,812
    You're welcome. However, just to clarify, since you've only recently been back to Destee according to your post, I posted this information, not in any mode of pity for continental African/Black people. Instead, it was posted in light of some of the conversations that have occurred about Black people "needing" the Chinese, Arabs, Europeans, etc. to come in and establish infrastructures in lands they've/we've inhabited for forever. The clips are just a small example of what is indeed possible if we were more patient with ourselves where self-empowerment is concerned.

Anyhoo, thanks...and welcome (back).

4. abstract219

abstract219 ...standing on the shoulders of giants MEMBER

United States
    Behavioral Health
    Ratings:
    +548
    I understand. Im not viewing it from a position of pity, i see it as true strength and resiliance...its just great to find that on youtube..... just im just a little over-exuberant in my comments...but it is out of respect.

LOL...what ever I just said...i mean well...

Thank you

5. Blaklioness

Ratings:
    +1,812
    :)....No problem.

6. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Africans do it and its called ''mud huts' and ''backwards'' they copy it and all of a sudden ''its eco friendly and innovative''...

then the same idiots who looks done on Africans pays a million dollars for these houses

GTFOH:whip:

i scoff at anyone who takes anything whites (especially the ones in the media) say seriously..really..

7. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    I enjoyed the videos, great stuff. IMO, while it shows our intelligence, competence, creativity, and innovation, I don't think science and progress is about not needing to rely on others but about learning from the world as a whole and collaborating ideas from any and all available resources and building upon that work.

If we make this about only our own potential, we will always find ourselves decades behind the rest of the world who uses EVERYONE'S potential to build upon. It's like the "Mud Hut" - "Eco-Friendly home" point that Amnatt77 posted. One idea builds upon another. We can, should, and DO the exact same thing. Sure, we must not allow outsiders to exploit us, but we must not be so determined to not need to "rely" on them that we don't take advantage of the collaborative efforts of building upon outside technology. In other words, we don't need to constantly re-invent the wheel.

When someone builds upon our technology, we don't need to be mad at 'em. They have obviously found value in our innovations. We can implement those some improvements, then build upon them to make farther improvements.

So, IMO, this video and things like it should inspire us (it did me), it should make us aware of our own abilities and strengths, but I don't think it benefits us to indicate that they are indications that we don't need to rely on others or ONLY our own potential. As far as I know, no advanced society are isolationist when it comes to sharing and using the technology of others.

I don't, by any stretch of the imagination, mean that we need to be dependent upon others or especially that we should allow them to exploit us, I simply mean that we should collaborate and share technology as well as use every idea from every corner of the world to the table to advance our own while protecting our own from exploitation.

8. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    That makes sense, and then some!

What realy hurts Africa now is that some will have and have to live in such huts while the prime minister of the nation has a Swiss chalet, with satelite system security and a wall sized LCD tv,
    and a 200 gig mini comp, in his Ferrari dash.

It is his dependance on European doles and favoritism and gifts while,
    giving him .004 cents value on the dollar for the natural resources, of the land of these mud hut dwellers ancestors.

9. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    All due respect, and understanding your intentions but in my humble opinion it mite have been more apropriate to show the solar energy cell factories in Ghana, as an example of self sufficiency

10. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    You are misrepresenting my point:

No one getting 'upset' or 'mad' because whites are ''building upon' African technology (the term 'building upon' is total BS because they actually STOLE the idea from us..but:10500:) Western society is conditioned to look DOWN on Africans because we are all apparently backwards monkeys who live in trees,wear no clothes, and the only technology our tiny brans could come up with is the mud hut..now these same people spreading this propaganda are now stealing and copying (whenever you do not give credit for something you copied from some-else you are STEALING, a point Destee herself asserts on numerous occasions on this site) from a people they consider 'inferior'...to add insult to injury, a foolish millionaire from the West will probably pay a million dollars or more for a house that is now considered ''eco friendly' and ''innovative'' negating the fact that this technology comes from people he considers: backwards monkeys who live in mud huts...

If that's not definition of insanity and stupidity then i don't know what is...

Elitist whites are fools, and the working class/poor whites who fall for their white superiority propaganda are even bigger fools.

Got it now?