The Front Porch : Understanding Racism

YoungBlackMan

Oct 24, 2014
I'm a twenty four year old from the south. I'm here to talk about issues of race and politics. I'm going through an understanding racism conference and it really highlighted the systemic issues that effects our community. So I am here to kind of work through these things in my head through dialogue.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I'm a twenty four year old from the south. I'm here to talk about issues of race and politics. I'm going through an understanding racism conference and it really highlighted the systemic issues that effects our community. So I am here to kind of work through these things in my head through dialogue.

Glad to have you join us YoungBlackMan. We have a Thread dedicated to understanding Politics from the Black Perspective, which focuses on racism ... Here's the link, click and navigate it:

Politics From The Black Perspective
Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Apr 27, 2011

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/politics-from-the-black-perspective.66166/

Also, here's information on racism you may enjoy:

BAMN - By Any Means Necessary
Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by brown_h0rnet, May 14, 2012

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/bamn-by-any-means-necessary.71970/

Keita Kenyatta

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 7, 2004
Understand young Brother, that the perspectives and realities concerning racism differ from group to group, from educational level to educational level and from house ninjas to field ninjas. So don't fall victim to any "ONE" reality as if that is the epitome and answer to what's going on. You can get an "IDEALISTIC" perspective or a REALIST perspective. You can get an "I HAVE A DREAM" perspective or a BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY perspective. you can get a religious grounded perspective or a nationalistic perspective. There are many and you must explore them all in order to arrive at YOUR OWN ANSWER.

Peace!!

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
YoungBlackMan ... :hello: ... Welcome Welcome Welcome !!! ... :wave:

Thanks for joining us and sharing! Nice to meet you!

Please make yourself at home!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Greetings and Welcome! You stated that you are attending a racism conference and that you live in the south. What is it about racism that you would like to discuss?

My second question is, who is conducting the conference?

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
Welcome to Destee...YBM:10200:

I hope you find some insight to your questions, and also I hope you enjoy our site.:dj:

Peace!

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

"And I'm feeling good."-Nina Simone
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave:
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
WooooHoooo!!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay: .... Welcome Home! ... :wave: ... :heart: