Black Money Business Jobs : Understanding Money (Basics)

Okay Brother ... that's a big one ... living beyond one's means, is emotional and not rational.

That's deep.

But what of those that live beyond their means, and their means are just so low, way below poverty?

Is that emotional too ... or is there some other view (categorization) of money they have?

This merely my opinion: those who are in poverty need the knowledge as well as a change in habit of how to play the financial game.

Also, some jobs are considered more "financially valuable" than others. We would want to move ourselves into those jobs or positions which pay better either by gaining skills, starting a business, learning how to sell, etc.

We would also need to account for those factors that work against us i.e. prejudice, negative behavior, inflation, etc.

Destee said:
I ask the question above, considering this group of folk, no doubt due to my emotional tie to them.

I was having a conversation this weekend with a Brother, and presented some of the same to him, and he pointed out that most of us can do without a lot of what we spend our money on (even though in our hearts, minds, emotionally, we feel they are needs).

For example, i said that the Single Black Mother struggling to provide for her Family, rarely has any "extra" money, so when she does get a bit of extra, she wants her children to have a new pair of shoes, or go get them a treat, for their being so good all the other days ... and he said yeah ... but she doesn't have to buy $100.00 gym shoes for them, she can get a cheaper pair.

Those are tough....

The way that I think is working to defray expenses, say perhaps growing a garden of fruits and vegetables. Great way to teach kids some skills as well.

You can still buy the stuff you desire. I would merely seek to do it so that it is as cheap as possible or second hand.

Money, in terms of unit of account, is numbers. Numbers are the realm of logic.

Destee said:
I had to agree ... and now talking with you ... i see how emotionally driven the choices are.

I do have to reveal that part of my opinion on this comes from investing newsletters. The two emotions that primarily drive the market are fear and greed. If you get fearful or greedy with the markets, you will lose money. Those people are most successful in the markets (an extreme minority) are those who have developed their own plan for removing their emotions from their investing or trading.

For me, security is important. If I am in a a state of non-security, then I get stressed. So, I build my plan to always account for safety to keep my emotions out of it. Works well for me.

Destee said:
The Mother is feeling inadequate, wanting to make up to the babies, give them some of the good stuff ... but rationally ... it would be better for all, the long run, if she saved the money ... let the babies wear the same shoes if possible, a little longer. That's hard to do though, when your babies want what other children have, and you want some of that for them too, especially basic things.

I am that Single Black Mother, raised babies like this, and imagine other Mothers have felt the same.

Felt. Is that automatically an emotion, because we feel it? Bringing into question its rationale?

Okay ... i think i've just asked and answered my own questions, and posed new ones ... or sump'n ... :)

Hmmm ... maybe not ... you tell me ... :)

Thank You! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

On the flip side, humans are not robots :). That is why I like to incorporate an outlet for emotions into a plan. Perhaps an account for "goof off cash". Another way to alleviate financial situations is how you buy.

It would be good for Nubian women to perhaps network or come together as a group to start a garden?
A network to look for ways and means to buy stuff cheaply or buy in bulk? The greater items are bought in bulk the greater the quantity and number of goods.
A network to read books on finance and money so that the entire group can share their knowledge amongst themselves?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back