Black Spirituality Religion : UNDERSTANDING AFRICAN SPIRITUALITY

Love_Unknown said:
A work in progress

I'm diggin this thread L U but you know someone has to disagree with something here to give this intelligent thread that 'UMPH!!' or in other words a balance, as someone here said B 4 too much good is actually not good (as interperted by me) So I'll state my disagreement.

Love_Unknown
'Our ancestors understand the Almighty God to be exactly that, “almighty.” In the universal language of mathematics, the Almighty God = the sum total of all things. The totality of this being of course is infinite and cannot be calculated by human beings. Therefore, it is understood and accepted that the Almighty God in its entirety is simply beyond human understanding. It is for this reason that our ancestors do not generally make any images of the Almighty. How does one make an image of “all things?“ And to even think that one could understand the Almighty enough to make a picture, or any form of an image is so utterly disrespectful to the understanding and veneration of the Almighty God that it’s considered blasphemous. Others have copied the African prohibition of images of the Almighty, but completely lack understanding as to the wisdom and the concept behind this taboo. '

I've come to understand that our only boundries in this realm is space and time. So I feel understanding God/me/you/nature....... is possible. The concept of infinty is generally not hard to understand. I like the comparision to our illusion of seperation to that of an infinite realm of water with all sorts of ice, frost, crystal in all shapes and sizes. These infinite things in this water is us believing were separate. But from this side of the fence we can easily see everything as water in it's infinite of forms.
If we can't die then it's just a matter of time till we gain this full understanding of God

peace

hiphopolx said:
I'm diggin this thread L U but you know someone has to disagree with something here to give this intelligent thread that 'UMPH!!' or in other words a balance, as someone here said B 4 too much good is actually not good (as interperted by me) So I'll state my disagreement.

Love_Unknown
'Our ancestors understand the Almighty God to be exactly that, “almighty.” In the universal language of mathematics, the Almighty God = the sum total of all things. The totality of this being of course is infinite and cannot be calculated by human beings. Therefore, it is understood and accepted that the Almighty God in its entirety is simply beyond human understanding. It is for this reason that our ancestors do not generally make any images of the Almighty. How does one make an image of “all things?“ And to even think that one could understand the Almighty enough to make a picture, or any form of an image is so utterly disrespectful to the understanding and veneration of the Almighty God that it’s considered blasphemous. Others have copied the African prohibition of images of the Almighty, but completely lack understanding as to the wisdom and the concept behind this taboo. '

I've come to understand that our only boundries in this realm is space and time. So I feel understanding God/me/you/nature....... is possible. The concept of infinty is generally not hard to understand. I like the comparision to our illusion of seperation to that of an infinite realm of water with all sorts of ice, frost, crystal in all shapes and sizes. These infinite things in this water is us believing were separate. But from this side of the fence we can easily see everything as water in it's infinite of forms.
If we can't die then it's just a matter of time till we gain this full understanding of God

peace

Alafia Hiphopolx,

Glad to see you're still out there brother. I started this thread because I want to encourage MUCH more discussion about out own African spiritualities, and Sister Destee alluded to me that the reason that there was often more discussion on foreign religious ideologies was because many of us don't have a very detailed understanding of our own. This thread is my attempt to help rectify this situation but I'm not sure how good of a job I'm doing, but I'll keep trying. It almost sickens me to see post after post and response after response on the KJV and the color of the cross and the great wealth of thought being pulled away from our own "brilliant" spiritual understandings, so I won't stop trying to correct this time wasting error of ours. But as always, your comments are most welcome and I'm happy to respond.

What I'm relating to you here brother is our ancestral understanding, not simply my own. The understanding that "God" cannot thoroughly be perceived by human beings is theirs, not just mine. Our understanding of God, is that God (Oludumare/Nyame/Mawu) is "all" things. This is a basic fact, and not much else can be understood without this fundamental knowledge. How close you are to knowing all things is about as close as you are to knowing God.

The physical world is a mirror reflection of the spiritual world. In other words, seeing, touching, tasting, smelling, knowing, understanding, the physical world is knowing and understanding God. Of course we can only know so intimately very small pieces of God (the wind, rain, trees, grass, mountain, etc,) which is why these things are called "lesser gods." They are "parts" of the entire universe that is God, but "lesser" parts. So yes, we know that the universe is endless, but that's all we know. Our "understanding" is limited to that. No matter how far we go, there is always farther. We can never reach the end. We can never "fully" know God. So yes, we understand what infinity is, but we cannot calculate its amount. So basically, we know of its existence, and we see little pieces of it, but that's it. If you believe you can, then try to calculate the complete number of pi (3.14......) Just a warning, those that have tried to do such a foolish thing have lost their minds. The same is true for anybody foolish enough to try to understand the entire being of "God." What do you think brother?

Love_Unknown said:
Alafia Hiphopolx,

Glad to see you're still out there brother. I started this thread because I want to encourage MUCH more discussion about out own African spiritualities, and Sister Destee alluded to me that the reason that there was often more discussion on foreign religious ideologies was because many of us don't have a very detailed understanding of our own. This thread is my attempt to help rectify this situation but I'm not sure how good of a job I'm doing, but I'll keep trying. It almost sickens me to see post after post and response after response on the KJV and the color of the cross and the great wealth of thought being pulled away from our own "brilliant" spiritual understandings, so I won't stop trying to correct this time wasting error of ours. But as always, your comments are most welcome and I'm happy to respond.

What I'm relating to you here brother is our ancestral understanding, not simply my own. The understanding that "God" cannot thoroughly be perceived by human beings is theirs, not just mine. Our understanding of God, is that God (Oludumare/Nyame/Mawu) is "all" things. This is a basic fact, and not much else can be understood without this fundamental knowledge. How close you are to knowing all things is about as close as you are to knowing God.

The physical world is a mirror reflection of the spiritual world. In other words, seeing, touching, tasting, smelling, knowing, understanding, the physical world is knowing and understanding God. Of course we can only know so intimately very small pieces of God (the wind, rain, trees, grass, mountain, etc,) which is why these things are called "lesser gods." They are "parts" of the entire universe that is God, but "lesser" parts. So yes, we know that the universe is endless, but that's all we know. Our "understanding" is limited to that. No matter how far we go, there is always farther. We can never reach the end. We can never "fully" know God. So yes, we understand what infinity is, but we cannot calculate its amount. So basically, we know of its existence, and we see little pieces of it, but that's it. If you believe you can, then try to calculate the complete number of pi (3.14......) Just a warning, those that have tried to do such a foolish thing have lost their minds. The same is true for anybody foolish enough to try to understand the entire being of "God." What do you think brother?

Hotep bro

I wouldn't call trying to fully understand God foolish at all. As intelligent as you are you are placing limits of your own understanding. You should be learning all you can and passing it down to the next generation. Each 1 teach 1, then they will do the same. Before long (a few generations) we should have a nice grasp of God and all the aspects that came with this journey. Our ancesters have done an incredible job and incredible is a understatement there isn't an english word to describe what they've done. But sadly it obviously wasn't enough because the culture that birthed the science and school of thought they manifested is over. Culturally the world is digressing, If they(our ancesters) were truly finish on the spiritual,scientific journey they started we (our brother and sisters) would not be in the predicament we are in. Most ppl I know are caught up in the popular schools of thought, western culture and the 3 major religions. Or at least trying to get away of religion altogether. It's very clear to me If religion were treated with the same standards of science these ppl wouldn't be turning away, because if there was something you didn't understand or thought was wrong you can actually prove through scientific study/experiments why the present or popular belief is wrong and if you can't and realize your error in judgement then at least you've come to a better understanding than before. Now let's compare that to trying to prove that some verse in the various books of any particular faith is true or not. I don't hear too many ppl going crazy trying to figure out the complete number of 'PI' but I can come up with plenty of stories of ppl losing it and doing countless actions that would harm themselves or others or both in the name of religion. I'm starting to learn that dealing with things or believing in things that can be proving wrong can really damage your mind. Ppl I know of who are chronic liars truly have a hard time grasping simple things in their lives that most of their peers can grasp. If I was told in science class that God was a white man who created the heavens and earth in 7 days I'm pretty sure most ppl could disprove this in less than 1 day in class. Now look how long it's taken to disprove this in the name of faith. (and that's just 1 sample) Any how getting back on track, I still believe the full understanding of God/you/me/nature is possible

peace

Rise up O Divine Ancestors and Live in Us your Children!

Hotep

In the name of all things great and powerful...and in the name of the divine Ancestors*
May the Spirits of the divine KEMET (African) Ancestors Live in "Us" and continue to Bless us with the Light of (overstanding) Understanding*

O Ancestors! Blacker than a thousand midnights...KMT (African) Ancestors! It is to YOU that "We"...your Children...give Respect and Honor.

Rise up!...O African (KMT) Ancestors and Live in Us and let our enemies be scattered! Give us the wisdom and the boldness to deal with our oppressors and those who would hinder the "Liberation and Empowerment of our People".

AMUN

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back