Black People : Understand-vs-Overstand

ok

to understand means you acknowledge something

to overstand means you've moved past acknowledgement wherein then it's

part of your conscious being

but listen these words are so limiting

so i try to do the best i can

if you overstand then you feel me

I think the word "overstand" is just something somebody made up in order to sound "cool" or more "in touch" or "learned" about a subject/matter as if it instills/signifies some type of so-called higher understanding, some kind of "enlightenment" that, allegedly, understanding, in itself, supposedly cannot render.

Understanding is understanding is understanding. It is comprehension. It is being aware and cognizant. It is interpreting and defining.

Now, yes, there are different "levels" of understanding, deeper and more complex, mentally and spiritually; but "overstanding" something, to me, just implies that one may "over" process something, making it into something it is not.

Just because one word uses "under" doesn't mean that it is, in any way, deficient/below standards in construction, and "over" doesn't meant that it's better or more "improved."

So, if my "understanding" is not adequate. I'd rather just work on uplifting my mental processes. Cuz "overstanding" sounds dangerous to me.

ok i feel you

Cuz "overstanding" sounds dangerous to me.

but by saying "overstanding" sounds dangerous is like saying you're

dangerous to YOURSELF

think the word "overstand" is just something somebody made up in order to sound "cool" or more "in touch" or "learned" about a subject/matter as if it instills/signifies some type of so-called higher understanding, some kind of "enlightenment" that, allegedly, understanding, in itself, supposedly cannot render.

i told you overstanding encompasses your conscious being

overstanding is more of an energy

i've tried my best to explain as best i could

again your using english to define divinity

stop being so literal with english meaning

so of course when you breakdown under and over and define it in english of course you won't get it is not about breaking

down is about overstanding

overstanding has more spirit and life then understanding

overstanding is conscious

listen i've tried

please overstand that

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back