Black People : Unbelievable: Rent-a-negro.com

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Watsy, May 30, 2003.

1. Watsy

Watsy Member MEMBER

Software Support
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks, I know it's been awhile since I've been here, but I needed a place to go to ~ to vent. Someone sent me an email pointing me to this audacious website. It saddens me to know that in this day and age this type of thing can be so blatantly displayed on so public an environment with no repercussions. I don't know the ins and outs of what takes place getting a website, but is it not the webmasters task to monitor and/or prohibit such things?

How does an individual / a group / a race have this type of thing removed? http://rent-a-negro.com

2. serenti-poet

serenti-poet Well-Known Member MEMBER

High School Teacher
    Ratings:
    +2
    I just went on that website to see if it was some kind of sick joke but upon readin there "FAQ's" I found out that they are indeed serious. I do not know how or who you can talk to, to get this removed but I just wanted to also vent at my disgust on this matter. Thanks for bringing this to my attention I plan on doing a little research on this topic. Until next time peace unto you. :)

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Watsy ... Welcome Home Sister! :wave:

I was made aware of this site recently and am of the understanding that it belongs to a Black Female (don't hold me to this though). That site and her web site are linked together.

Regarding how to have a site removed, i'd imagine that it is difficult to do. There are many web sites that are much more offensive, bordering on, and probably engaging in, illegal activity. They are all thriving with no signs of going anywhere. I suppose if you could prove that a site was engaging in illegal activity, you'd be taking the first of many steps to having them removed. I'm not an attorney, so please take that into consideration as i guess about the law.

:heart:

Destee

4. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    no words *sits with the gas face*

5. Watsy

Watsy Member MEMBER

Software Support
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the warm welcome Destee, and thanks for pointing me to her site. I went to her site and read the different articles and although her site is kind of interesting, I just can't get with the slave mentality type of racism. We all know racism exists and you can either let it fester within, or realize that people are ignorant. One can either correct or ignore.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Watsy ... yes Sister, i'm feeling you. I was quite alarmed when i first saw it too. I immediately returned to the chat room ... our new voice chat room, where ya been Sister ??!! ... anywho ... i clicked back to the chat room and told everyone that was in there ... just screaming it into the text ... I couldn't believe it and just KNEW this was some racist white person's sick sense of humor. As i clicked further on the site, i found that it appeared to be operated by a Sister. Strange how my feelings changed. My heart sank, grieved even. I quickly decided inside myself that she must be addressing something that she feels important ... i don't know. I do know that most all of us have been injured by racism and we must each attempt to heal ourselves the best way we can. I'm just supposing that this is some form of therapy for her. I don't know, ain't no psychiatrist or nuth'n ... but whatever they are trying to express ... it's deep.

:heart:

Destee

7. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Watsy...hey girl...great to see you again! :) Just when you thought you've seen everything and nothing could shock you anymore when it comes to racism--then comes something like this. And if Destee is correct in her thinking a sister is responsible for this site...wouldn't you just love to get her alone somewhere and have a real deep conversation about what she was thinking when she did this?

For those of us that are extremely offended by this, maybe an e-mail chain can be started in protest--sending it to all Black organizations and people we know, with a strong statement. I didn't notice whether she had sponsors on her site, but if she does, pressure could be put on them as well to sever the relationship with this woman's business. Apparently this person is in business to make money at the expense of Black people and stupidity of anyone that uses her service. Maybe if the Black community-- in protest to her stupid, insensitive and community destructive behavior--put a serious dent in her wallet, she would have to shut down.

Just a thought...

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    this be crazy sad sick stuff
    surely it will not last her business will dem
    i hear ya NNQ & destee but their are so many out their doing
    bad stuff i thought it was a joke myself but how in the world
    can you rent.... services of such ??
    she need to be shut down

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
  10. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    There's a time and a place for this type of "satire" and IMHO, during these difficult times when people are tired of being laughed at, talked about, dehumanized, disrespected and treated like crap....yeah, I guess we do have different sensibilities.

I believe in having a healthy sense of humor...but somehow, irrespective of what this sister was feeling...I wasn't feeling her. Yeah, most of us have probably been in her shoes but we need to stop this nonsense instead of laughing at it. Again, that's just my humble opinion!!! That's one of the reasons ignorant people continue to treat us like jiggaboos, cause we laughing at they stupid behinds. This sort of stuff will send somebody out there over the edge and they'll go postal. Who will be laughing then?

:( :maddd: