Black Relationships : Unattractive women

karmashines said:
True, but in order for black women to feel comfortable about her natural hair the black community in general has got to feel comfortable about it both men and women. I can not tell you how many times I've been teased both as a child and as an adult by my own community for having my hair in a more 'natural' style... at that time it was braids/cornrolls. I was also insulted by one of the beauticians I went to when she saw my 'virgin' hair. I didn't go to her anymore after that, but I shouldn't have been treated that way.

Conversely, I have had non-blacks compliment me on the same hairstyle, which doesn't make sense. Why do I receive compliments from the very race who caused us to feel ashamed about our hair in the first place, yet get denigrated by my own?

Is this a rhetorical question? Why do we love the image of the White Jesus, even though the rest of the world knows better?

You are treating this one psychosis of our people, as if it is some independent issue from the rest of the issues that already plague us.

As far as Madame CJ Walker, you may not agree with the product she produced, but as far as her contributions to the black community and her entreprenurial vision she was on the ball!

If you say so. The same thing can be said for CONDALEEZA RICE as well.

What "contributions" from WALKER do you speak of? "DARK AND LOVELY" hair relaxer?
As far as entreprenuralship, there are far more important things that concern our people; such as our mental, emotional, psychological and spiritual development.

When's the last time you saw a camel go through the eye of a needle?

Besides, what's wrong with being able to have variety in our hairstyles? I don't think it's a crime to have your hair relaxed for a change of pace...

If you really have to ask me this, even after the info that brother SUN SHIP and I supplied in our last posts, then I honestly feel sorry for you.

This sounds to me, like "what's wrong with smoking weed", or "what's wrong with eathing Swine"?

There is far too much info available these days at our disposal, for questions like these to go unanswered.

white women put chemicals in their hair to make it curly.

#1) So once again, we return to what white people do, as a benchmark? And then you honestly wonder why Brothers are not perceiving sisters as beautiful?

#2) Most white women do not do this. You can hardly say that even SOME of them do it. The amount of white women who put such chemicals in their hair is miniscule, in comparison to those who don't......And even moreso in comparison to the sisters who do it.

For white women, it's a "change of pace".......For Sisters, it's a standard of beauty.

Didn't you just get done telling us, how the beautician got bent out of shape at you?

C'mon sis, break those mental chains.

The problem is some of us value it too much, and have shame in how our hair is in its natural state.

There you go.....But the question I now ask is: are you one of those sisters who walk with this shame of your God-Given hair?

PEACE

okay reality check,

first off of all of this 'thick' sistas is just a nice way of saying fat. and im tired of people associating overweightness with "african features". str8 up the diet of black people is why so many women and men are out of shape and grotesque! couple that with laziness and lack of excersise.

Second-those brothers who perfer light sistas are just subconscious self haters. I like dark women, most true brothers do. thats not saying light women are not sistas but if you chase light women you really want a white B++++.

Its gotten to the point where glutteny, and laziness has become acceptable in aa life. And on the real those bras (and other races including white) that like fat women like them because they have lo self esteem and are easy to sleep with. no offense ladies but thats only real.

so tell your "veluptuous-african featured" sisters and brothers to stop stuffing their face with mac donalds and pork parts, with a little side of side of beef and theyll get more hollers. and if theyre dark and brahs go after the light skinned chic than dont sweat it, you dont want a complexed negroe any way.

on the other hand ladies answer this. why do rich women go after light skinned or white men? dont deny that , just look around. i see the most beutiful dark sistas here in hampton roads wityh shay whitey and vice versa.
but lets not turn this to an IR discussion.

one

PEACE THERIOUS:

Out of curiosity, at what point do you feel that a person is too fat? If we all don't have wash-board stomachs, is that fat in your view?

I posted links to pics of the HOTTENTOT VENUS; do you see her, and the millions of Merotic African women in Africa who look like her as fat?

There wasn't a McDonald's around for her to "stuff her face" with back then, and I don't think that Mickey-D's constitutes the traditional diet in Africa either.

PEACE

Therious said:
those brothers who perfer light sistas are just subconscious self haters. I like dark women, most true brotherss o. thats not saying light women are not sistas but if you chase light women you really want a white B++++.

I disagree! Brothers who prefer light skinned sistas....prefer light skinned sistas....nothing more, nothing less. We have to move past making our people feel ashamed of what they find attractive. If a brother wants a white women...there are plenty of white women available. A light skin black women does not substitute for the desire of a white women (if that is what a brother desires)....it never has! We need to stop portraying that black men who date light skinned black women (and vice versa) are suffering from self-hatred.

SAMURAI36 said:
PEACE THERIOUS:

Out of curiosity, at what point do you feel that a person is too fat? If we all don't have wash-board stomachs, is that fat in your view?

I posted links to pics of the HOTTENTOT VENUS; do you see her, and the millions of Merotic African women in Africa who look like her as fat?

There wasn't a McDonald's around for her to "stuff her face" with back then, and I don't think that Mickey-D's constitutes the traditional diet in Africa either.

PEACE

Hottentot Venus didn't look fat... she just had a big bottom.

The other Venus you posted though... that was what most would consider fat, no question.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back