Black Relationships : Unattractive women

The Black Man Cometh....

Isaiah said:
Brother Sun, that was a statement I made about Black women, so I did not "IMPLY" a damned thing, awight!(smile!)

And since the rest of your post seems more a picture of yourself than I, I don't claim none of it for myself... It is clearly YOU making a statement about YOU, because you don't know me to be NOTHING like the cat you are portraying in your post...

Peace!
Isaiah

My...My...Good Brother Isaiah! (Sun Ship smiling and enjoying the discourse!)

Brother Isaiah, even in your rant (smile) and rage (smile) you have seemed to have given yourself over to taking this personally…Brother I described a certain brother in the context of this discussion and in the context of the community…in many of your post you have described certain aspects of Black men and their personas and dispositions…be you were generalizing, personalizing or neither (smile)...I didn’t take it personal, I’m too secure for that my brother…

Brother, “I’ve paid the cost, to be the boss”…with strength, flexibility and humility.

I told you not to take it personal…this is an open forum of ideas and experiences brother. Brother I never called YOU personally a PLAYER of Black women…now you might be capable of playin' yourself, but that’s a whole ‘nother subject (smile).

If you think I’m describing myself, in the context of this forum…(smilin’ and laughin’) …well Brother Isaiah that is of NO consequence to me… Brother when I start wavering in the wind based upon what anybody tries to imply about my character, then its time (as grandmother use to say) “to give up the ghost”.

Peace:cool:

Sun Ship said:

Brother Isaiah, even in your rant (smile) and rage (smile) you have seemed to have given yourself over to taking this personally…Brother I described a certain brother in the context of this discussion and in the context of the community…in many of your post you have described certain aspects of Black men and their personas and dispositions…be you were generalizing, personalizing or neither (smile)...I didn’t take it personal, I’m too secure for that my brother…

Brother, “I’ve paid the cost, to be the boss”…with strength, flexibility and humility.

I told you not to take it personal…this is an open forum of ideas and experiences brother. Brother I never called YOU personally a PLAYER of Black women…now you might be capable of playin' yourself, but that’s a whole ‘nother subject (smile).

If you think I’m describing myself, in the context of this forum…(smilin’ and laughin’) …well Brother Isaiah that is of NO consequence to me… Brother when I start wavering in the wind based upon what anybody tries to imply about my character, then its time (as grandmother use to say) “to give up the ghost”.

(smile)!! :D

Sun Ship said:

Brother Sun, it is YOU, giving yourself away by saying that I am "implying" something I made as a atatement...

Secondly, you go on to say, "nothing personal" even as you are using my post as a launching pad for your diatribe... Why not use one of the posts of your cheerleading section as the basis for your post???(smile!) Because you are directing your diatribe at me, and not being man enough to say so...

Now, is that a statement - or an implication, brother???(smile!) Now you gone and diatribe to your heart's content, brother man...

Peace!
Isaiah

jamesfrmphilly said:
this statement sounds really condescending to me.

Bro. James, it wasn't my intent to sound condescending. How long do we belabor a point before we realize that it's futile? I was always taught that it is my moral responsibility to tell people when they are going in the wrong direction if I know they're going astray, but that's where my responsibility ends because I can't force them to do anything. To apply that to the AA male and AA female relationship dynamic, I KNOW much more about how an AA female really feels because I've been there all of my life and I talk with AA females of all levels and ages all of the time.

I don't know how AA males REALLY feel or think except for what I hear or read, so I ask questions instead of making assumptions and when I get the opportunity I TRY to discuss issues with y'all. Many of you have made it clear how you feel about sistas, but you haven't explained WHY clearly enough except to say that sistas don't smile and speak enough or that we buy books and go to plays that demean brothas. It very hard for me to believe that the level of anger and bitterness I'm reading here is due to that.
So, I'm thinking this is just not the time to continue this. That's all.

BTW, I applaud you for getting therapy for how your mother treated you. You defeated the enemy who had set things up for you to self-destruct due to the mothering you received.

Also, another thing I don't understand about some of you brothas on here is why you try to rip each other to shreds publicly just because you don't agree with each other.

Now, maybe this is a male thing, but it just doesn't seem to me to be the way to talk to each other if you really feel you are in this together. I can disagree with a sista on here, but I would never try to publicly rip her up publicly because the bottom line is that we're all in this together and people don't forget how you treat them and you might need them at some point.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back