Black People : unarmed 18 yr old murdered by Police in st louis

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by _NortheastGroover_, Aug 9, 2014.

1. _NortheastGroover_

_NortheastGroover_ Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +117
  2. _NortheastGroover_

United States
    Ratings:
    +117
  3. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    I only checked out the first link:

http://newsone.com/3042999/missouri-crowd-after-shooting-kill-the-police/

and it said nothing about any grocery store. But what it did say makes me sick. The video makes my heart sick. I think of Obama and his crocodile tears for slain white kids and his status quo approach towards slain black children and my heart gets sick all over.

4. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    shooting. (AP Photo/St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Huy Mach)
    • [​IMG]
      Police officers stand near a crowd that is gathering by the scene where 18-year-old Michael Brown was fatally shot by police in Ferguson, Mo., near St. Louis on Saturday, Aug. 9, 2014. A spokesman with the St. Louis County Police Department confirmed a Ferguson police officer shot the man. The spokesman didn’t give the reason for the shooting, nor provide the officer’s name or race. (AP Photo/St. Louis Post-Dispatch, David Carson)
    • [​IMG]
      A crowd gathers near the scene where 18-year-old Michael Brown was fatally shot by police in Ferguson, Mo., near St. Louis on Saturday, Aug. 9, 2014. A spokesman with the St. Louis County Police Department confirmed a Ferguson police officer shot the man. The spokesman didn’t give the reason for the shooting, nor provide the officer’s name or race. (AP Photo/St. Louis Post-Dispatch, David Carson)

FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) — The fatal shooting of a black teenager by police sent hundreds of angry residents out of their apartments Saturday in a St. Louis suburb, igniting shouts of "kill the police" during a confrontation that lasted several hours.

A St. Louis County chapter of the NAACP called for the FBI to look into the killing of 18-year-old Michael Brown in Ferguson, a predominantly black suburb a few miles north of downtown St. Louis.

Brown's grandmother, Desiree Harris, said she saw him running in her neighborhood Saturday afternoon when she passed him in her car. Just minutes later, after she returned home, she heard a commotion and went outside to check on it. Less than two blocks away, she found Brown's body.
    "He was running this way," she said. "When I got up there, my grandson was lying on the pavement. I asked the police what happened. They didn't tell me nothing."

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported several distraught relatives were outside talking with neighbors, including Brown's mother, Lesley McSpadden, and stepfather, Louis Head. Head held a sign that read: "Ferguson police just executed my unarmed son!!!"

A spokesman with the St. Louis County Police Department, which is investigating the shooting at the request of the local department, confirmed a Ferguson police officer shot the man. The spokesman didn't give the reason for the shooting. St. Louis County police said a large crowd confronted officers following the shooting, yelling such things as "kill the police."

John Gaskin, a member of the St. Louis County NAACP, said the FBI should get involved "to protect the integrity of the investigation." He alluded to the 2012 racially-charged shooting of a 17-year-old Trayvon Martin by a Florida neighborhood watch organizer who was subsequently acquitted of murder charges, as well as the death of a New York man from a police chokehold after he was confronted for selling individual cigarettes on the street.

"With the recent events of a young man killed by the police in New York City and with Trayvon Martin and with all the other African-American young men that have been killed by police officers ... this is a dire concern to the NAACP, especially our local organization," Gaskin said.

Gaskin said officials in the organization spoke with St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar, who told them teenager had been shot twice.

By early Saturday night, dozens of police cars remained parked near the shooting scene as mourners left votive candles, rose petals, a large stuffed animal and other remembrances at a makeshift memorial in the middle of the street. At the height of the post-shooting tensions, police at the scene called for about 60 other police units to respond to the area in Ferguson, a city of about 21,000 residents, about two-thirds of whom are black.

Harris said her grandson had recently graduated high school and was looking forward to the future, including possibly attending college.

"My grandson never even got into a fight," she said. "He was just looking forward to getting on with his life. He was on his way."

Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson told the Post-Dispatch that the officer involved has been placed on paid administrative leave.

"We are hoping for calm and for people to give us a chance to conduct a thorough investigation," Jackson said.

Gaskin said the angry crowd was reacting to a "trauma."

"Anytime you have this type of event that's taken place, emotions are going to run high," he said. "But for 600 people to gather around an area to see where a man is lying in the street, that means something happened that should have not happened."

btw, he was shot TEN times, not twice. If such murderous behavior is found in a small town of 21 freakin' thousand......

5. _NortheastGroover_

United States
    Ratings:
    +117
    It seems like the only thing uppity ****** gotta say about situations like this is "pull your pants up" smfh

Man they just straight up murdered that lil brutha

I swear man we just walking targets out here

6. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    A town with 7,000 blacks and 600 of them took to the streets. Will anything come out of this other than his father holding up a sign of protest?

My people, my people. We've got to come up with a strategy 'cause they're killing all the young black men. :bye:

7. bientempo

bientempo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Dominican Republic
    Ratings:
    +165
    I can understand the vigil, I can understand the protest, what I can't understand is the riots and looting.

8. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    What do you understand about the vigil and protest? What do they signify to you in the short and long run?

Although there was no "violent" civil unrest over this murder, what about the riots and looting don't you understand?

9. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Just found this article:

FBI takes over St. Louis teen shooting probe as Justice Department monitors case
    Family members of Michael Brown, the unarmed 18-year-old who was fatally shot by a police officer Saturday in suburban St. Louis, say they are seeking justice and peace — not looting and violence, which 'is not what Mike (would) want (and) is very upsetting to me and my family,' his cousin said. An FBI spokeswoman said the agency's involvement had nothing to do with the mayhem.
    [​IMG]David Carson/AP
    People rob a convenience store in Ferguson, Mo., on Sunday night.
    [​IMG]Huy Mach/AP
    Lesley McSpadden, left, is comforted by her husband, Louis Head, after her son was shot and killed. She is demanding justice.
    [​IMG]David Carson/AP
    A man runs from a store as looters target businesses in Ferguson, Mo.
    [​IMG]Robert Cohen/AP
    Police officers patrol the area after a peaceful demonstration turned violent.
    [​IMG]David Carson/AP
    A man runs from a store with a bag filled with stolen goods.
    PreviousNext
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    The pictures of looting are ugly, aren't they?

Question: Where do they rate on the "ugliness" scale to the callous, wanton MURDER of Michael Brown by police for Walking While Black?
    I bet Mike would disagree with his mother that his death should merit only hand-made signs. No doubt the young black men burning down stores and looting disagreed, as well. And it is to THEM that we should look for "reaction" to the murder. After all, they are the "targeted" group for murder by police.

[​IMG]Laurie Skrivan/MCT
    All that remains of a shop is this burned-out shell after a vigil for Michael Brown, allegedly shot by a sububan St. Louis cop while unarmed, turned violent.
    Enlarge
    [​IMG]Laurie Skrivan/MCT
    Vigil holders turned into looters Sunday after allegedly unarmed teen Michael Brown was shot by a cop in Ferguson, Mo.

The above is why I wrote that we need "new" strategies to deal with the on-going war against young black males. While rage was released....against property rather than the perps.... in the long run, it will mean nothing.

Anyone who finds the above disturbing, time to come up with some 21st century strategies to oppose black death and oppression.[/quote]

10. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    the looting has to do with opportunists taking advantage of the breakdown of law and order. When the folks sworn to uphold law and order overtly step outside of those parameters a temporary breakdown occurs. The opportunists see the breakdown, step-in and do what opportunists do.