Black Money Business Jobs : Ummm Unemployed for too darn long

Discussion in 'Black Money Business Jobs' started by blazejay, Jun 27, 2012.

1. blazejay

blazejay Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    Today's thread is a sensitive and personal topic so, if you don't want to hear sob stories or clueless to the facts of the topic please exit.

Today thread centers around unemployment and job searching.
    It is cold out here trying to find work.
    True, the government lied about everything concerning these issues.
    I am no exception to this onslaught , What I am about to share is my personal take on this issue.
    No one love being broke, show me a person who does and I give them what is in my pocket.

I personally do not like what is going on with this very issue of being unemployed,to make it worse people have a lot of assumption and lack compassion when you are in this predicament.
    Take my neighbors for example, I live in a diverse community, but the peoples here are cold hearted and ignorant at the same time.
    They make themselves look more racist by the day.
    I remember the first day we move in, they call the police on my family after we just move in and on top of that a individual try to overstep their boundary, try to approach us and we was ready for whatever, even to put this person in a body bag if it came to it.
    All these years,no one take the time to introduce themselves or try to make you feel like you a part of the community.

This other neighbor shows they racist as well.
    Me personally does not care, but how it setup some times I feel depress and sometimes violent, mostly bored.
    Majority of the time a person might feel hopeless and believe I am no exception.
    If I am exaggerate a little why when I give them a chance to clear it up they act more snobbish and arrogant?
    These people act like a majority of these businesses, they do not want to face the truth that the same fate can meet them.

What make anyone a exception to this reality?

2. Thelma Jackson-Smith

Thelma Jackson-Smith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +161
    I feel for you. I recently came in a snag with my freelancing. Times are really tough for us.

Take a look at the thread I made that discusses Business a Day. It might give you some ideas to spark up your situation.

3. Dre Money

Dre Money Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +143
    You need to use an employment agency. I got my current job at Apple through one.

4. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    A contracting agency is another option.

If you have any computer skills, there are always jobs out there available.

Even during the recession, computer jobs were still in demand.

5. cat man

cat man Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    try to make money in internet like forex.some time you have luck

6. Shikamaru

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    FOREX is nothing to jump into lightly.

You have to know what you are doing, have a complete trading strategy, as well as be sufficiently capitalized for such an undertaking.

Don't get me wrong. I love FOREX and the commodities exchanges in general, but these markets are the apex of risk.

Oh ... and don't ever trade/invest with "scared money" :D.

7. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    Many here will give you good tips on how to become employed again. Good luck.

There is another approach to dealing with unemployment which involves focusing less on making a living and more on discovering who you are and why you are here.

Browse thru some of my posts here to get a feel for the out-of-the-box Way I think. If that does not scare you away, and you want to hear more, send me a private message.

8. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

Sorry to hear about what is going with you. Looking for a job is a job in itself. The unemployment problem has affected people all over the world. What makes it worse when the man in the family is out of work. Sometimes we have to be innovative. I know it is hard...but at times our creativity comes out best during these times. Do hope something good comes your way. Forget the racist neighbours...these are ignorant people...they are more disturbed than you think.

9. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    Work on your skills and figure out a way to show them off (github, portfolios etc). Voluntee r(I think you were the person in tech so consider trying to join an open source project). Keep polishing your resume constantly. Keep applying to jobs. It's an endurance race not a sprint. Pick 4-5 positions a week and tailor your resume to each one. Research the company and write a good cover letter for each one.

If you just got out of school, consider grad school. It's not a bad option in a down economy but you need to go into it trying to squeeze everything you can out of it (networking, internships, fellowships, research etc).

10. Shikamaru

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    I'm tremendously skiddish on grad school. That is an awful lot of money to finance.