Black Relationships : Ugly?

intolerant

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 18, 2003
I asked my boyfriend if he thinks that I am ugly and he responded, "No. And even if I thought that you were, I wouldn't say it or rub it in your face." So I am concered whether he thinks that I am ugly. Just like I ask him from time to time if he thinks that I am fat and he tells me the same quote, "No. And if I thought you were, I wouldn't make a big deal out of it." But back in January, he got mad at me and called me a fat dog. Should I be self-consious and worried? Thanks.

what about the name he called me

But called me a FAT DOG! I am a heavyset woman and he got mad at me and called me that name. I have gained a little weight, but I am not so big that I can't get off my behind and exercise and do things around the house. So that it why I feel insecure about this. It may sound pity, but I have to follow this up.

Hey intolerant,

Wow, he called u a fat doq....interesting... Did he just come out and call u a "fat dog" because u just kept constantly asking him about how u looked and he just got tired of hearing it, or did he say"YOU FAT DOG!!!!!!!!!"(anger!!!)

I think u really need to ease up on how u think u look. I understand because sometimes we do go into the "am I attractive" phase..However, it all starts from the inside, if u don't feel attractive its gonna show on the exterior. So definitely work on accepting yourself, and if u feel like u are "fat" maybe u should try doing some exercises, but I would concentrate mainly on the inner self. Cause if u don't feel attractive inside, it doesn't matter how many people tell u that u are attractive because u won't believe it! So stop concerning yourself so much with what others think and start concentrating on what u think and how yor mind works...You'll work it out, I'm sure you'll find a way... Peace..

Originally posted by Mahogany_Brown
Hey intolerant,

Wow, he called u a fat doq....interesting... Did he just come out and call u a "fat dog" because u just kept constantly asking him about how u looked and he just got tired of hearing it, or did he say"YOU FAT DOG!!!!!!!!!"(anger!!!)

I think u really need to ease up on how u think u look. I understand because sometimes we do go into the "am I attractive" phase..However, it all starts from the inside, if u don't feel attractive its gonna show on the exterior. So definitely work on accepting yourself, and if u feel like u are "fat" maybe u should try doing some exercises, but I would concentrate mainly on the inner self. Cause if u don't feel attractive inside, it doesn't matter how many people tell u that u are attractive because u won't believe it! So stop concerning yourself so much with what others think and start concentrating on what u think and how yor mind works...You'll work it out, I'm sure you'll find a way... Peace..

No, you don't understand. I did not keep on asking him if he thought I was fat. We got into an argument about something that had to do with him cheating on me back '02 and he got angry and called me a fat dog. And now he is saying that he did not mean it and that I am not fat. Other people never said that I was fat. I don't have to weigh 110 lbs to be considered as healthy. Don't you agree?

I do exercise

Originally posted by kemetstry
:cool:

If it'll make you feel better about yourself, go run a few laps.
But trust me, this is an insecurity attack

I do excercise and I still look good. I ride my back every morning and evening. I take walks in the park. It is a lot of things I have been doing. I have been losing weight. At Christmas time, that is the time of the year when people usually gain weight and I lost weight instead. I did not pig out. I ate pretty much, but I still lost weight. I don't sit around the house all day like he does. He can't call me fat. He is starting to look like he has titties.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back