Monetary

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 15, 2002
Detroit, MI
members.blackplanet.com
Occupation
Economist
Phil Lowe said:
UFC president Dana White has said he plans to make Floyd Mayweather Jr. a multi-million dollar offer to fight his lightweight champion.

White’s comments came after Mayweather’s victory over Oscar De La Hoya, a bout in which he earned $10 million plus a cut of the pay-per-view revenues that could double that figure. White said he was prepared to match Mayweather with UFC lightweight champion Sean Sherk following Mayweather’s numerous putdowns of mixed martial arts fighters.

White wouldn’t be pinned down on a specific number, but said, “I promise you, I will make it worth his while. I will make it very worth his while. We can make him a very, very competitive offer if he still feels he can beat one of our guys.”

The UFC President was at last night’s fight at the MGM Grand along with owner Lorenzo Fertitta and Sherk in a bid to make a case for a fight with Mayweather. Mayweather reportedly sent a peace offering to White via UFC vice president Marc Ratner before Saturday’s bout, also telling Ratner to tell White he was only kidding when he was ripping the UFC and its fighters.

Clike HERE for article.

Mayweather is just doing a good job creating pub for himself.

He runs in the boxing ring, so no way he could fight UFC rules without getting submitted or pummeled. He is a supreme boxer, but he needs all the rules and regulations and pitty-pat point system of boxing to be supreme.

He is not a puncher and he doesn't have a wrestling background so only way he could beat a top UFC guy is if they make the fight boxing rules only.

Now somebody like Jeff Lacey...I bet he'd destroy rampage or lidell.

kemetkind said:
Mayweather is just doing a good job creating pub for himself.

He runs in the boxing ring, so no way he could fight UFC rules without getting submitted or pummeled. He is a supreme boxer, but he needs all the rules and regulations and pitty-pat point system of boxing to be supreme.

He is not a puncher and he doesn't have a wrestling background so only way he could beat a top UFC guy is if they make the fight boxing rules only.

Now somebody like Jeff Lacey...I bet he'd destroy rampage or lidell.

I don't know bruh....oh my fault ....what's good Kemetkind.....Go JT ..!! now that that's out the way.......I'll tell you what any boxer that would fight a MMA guy would be in for a long day and that's just honest. ....I believe I could take a boxer at my weight class, ( I fight at 185 now...Yea me ...I walk around at 205) anyway I believe there's not a boxer , straight trained professional boxer at my weight class and above that I couldn't beat under MMA rules and I'm not a professional fighter, smokers, grappling and BJJ matches along with stupid dudes that want to see if they can handle grappling is all I got.

However a boxer only has to worry about punches that's it nothing more, as a MMA guy with my base in Muay Thai and a solid understand of BJJ and no gi grappling I bring a lot more to the table than any boxer.

When you have to worry about punches, elbows, head and leg kicks, the clinch, knees from the clinch, elbows from the clinch, takedowns from the clinch, double leg takedowns, singles, ankle picks, among many other throws and then on the ground, eating elbows, punches, knees and then submissions, the game changes beyond belief. I honestly believe I could beat a cat like Jeff Lacey hell probably even a dude like the Klitschko bros. .....my strategy........gauge my distance not to get hit....shoot in for the takedown , put them on the ground and either submit them, choke them unconscious, or ground and pound them into submission either way would work for me simply because I know once we hit the mat they don't have any answers for what would be happening to them........man I love Jiu jitsu de Brasil.....

The new MMA fighter can take the fight whever he wants it , if you are a better puncher he'll work kicks and work for the takedown to see if he's more dominant on the ground if you're more dominant on the ground he'll try to work kicks or knees and elbows from the clinch.

That's how it is.....a boxer however doesn't even have an answer for leg kicks much less getting taken down and once on the ground any advantage you had standing up weight or powerwise is negated by will to dominate and technique..as an example I provide a clip of Bjj Black Belt Gil Castillo in a grappling match with NFL player John Maclaughlin.......D I hope this link doesn't break any rules.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dVqMIt8jSY

In my opinion it's the ruleset one trains by that dictates who will win most challenge matches, if a MMA guy fights a boxer using boxing rules he'll usually get used, if a boxer fights a MMA guy with MMA rules the same will happen, usually most MMA guys fighting under Grappling or BJJ rules (gi or no gi) will get mauled by a guy that does nothing but submission grappling and BJJ ....

but I feel that the more weapons you have at your disposal with the knowledge to use them the better you'll be....

Oh yeah Floyd Jr. is one of the best boxers ever, ever, ever ......

MississippiRed

What's up red, long time no see bruah.

You're probably right not many boxers could hang with a MMA dude fighting MMA rules....At first.

But think about it...you watch a lot of these shows most these MMA cats don't have years and years of experience. They hop in and train for 3 or 4 years and if they're any good they get publicity.

So i'm wondering if MMA is that difficult to learn...why shouldn't a boxer who is very skilled and athletically gifted do the same thing...i.e. train MMA for a few years and go handle business.

I'm talking about those boxers who do DAMAGE in the ring...not the i'll outpoint you with pitty pats cause you can't catch me types....(i.e. mayweather, spinks, etc)

For example Tyson in his prime...with a year or two of MMA training? You think lidell or rampage or anybody else currently on top in UFC would've been able to handle him?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back