Black Sports : UFC: Mayweather, Jr. UFC Bound

MississippiRed

Aug 11, 2004
What's good Kemet,

I think the answer is yes and no. I do think a boxer could train the other parts of his game and would do ok but the ground game is so deep that in there with a guy who has a lot better ground game and wrestling he wouldn't fare so well.

The boxer would have to change his game around some also like being really careful about bobbing and weaving among a few other things but I would love to see a skilled boxer in there with some ground skills and a good takedown defense. I don't think it'll happen though simply because right now there's more money to be made boxing than MMA.

To your point though I do believe a boxer with thunder in his hands who could defend the takedown and keep the fight upright would do a whole lot of damage but that takedown defense as well as a decent ground game takes years to get much like really learning the intricasies of the boxing game though hence my yes and no answer.

Youre right though it would have to be a dude that would be more of a puncher/brawler as opposed to a technical boxer I think.

Red

Therious

Banned
Feb 22, 2004
MississippiRed said:
What's good Kemet,

I think the answer is yes and no. I do think a boxer could train the other parts of his game and would do ok but the ground game is so deep that in there with a guy who has a lot better ground game and wrestling he wouldn't fare so well.

The boxer would have to change his game around some also like being really careful about bobbing and weaving among a few other things but I would love to see a skilled boxer in there with some ground skills and a good takedown defense. I don't think it'll happen though simply because right now there's more money to be made boxing than MMA.

To your point though I do believe a boxer with thunder in his hands who could defend the takedown and keep the fight upright would do a whole lot of damage but that takedown defense as well as a decent ground game takes years to get much like really learning the intricasies of the boxing game though hence my yes and no answer.

Youre right though it would have to be a dude that would be more of a puncher/brawler as opposed to a technical boxer I think.

Red
whats good red?

do u train mma ? there is a dojo near me i am thinking of checking it out, not for competition just to learn self defense and skill.

what weight r u? could u take jackson, lidell, or one of them pros?? go get em dude you could make like $450,000, personally i aint with getting hit up oin the head all like that. did u see ufc 72? how about that guy houston alexander? he dammn near killed that white boy!

MississippiRed

Aug 11, 2004
Therious said:
whats good red?

do u train mma ? there is a dojo near me i am thinking of checking it out, not for competition just to learn self defense and skill.

what weight r u? could u take jackson, lidell, or one of them pros?? go get em dude you could make like $450,000, personally i aint with getting hit up oin the head all like that. did u see ufc 72? how about that guy houston alexander? he dammn near killed that white boy!

It's all gravy bruh, hope things are going good on your end. I train Brazilian Jiujitsu ( gi and no-gi) and Muay Thai separately and do get to do a bit of MMA sparring from time to time and love it man ..If there's a school close to you bruh get in there and try it out.

Most gyms will give you at least one lesson for free and some will even give more like a week or two. It's good for self defense just make sure you get to spar on a regular basis man it helps you get your timing , range , learning to control and transition from standing, to the clinch to the ground and also helps you get used to getting hit ;)

I walk around right now at 206 but I'm working on dropping down to 185 and getting a few Grappling tournaments in this year at that weight to see how I feel and then I'll try and get into a few MMA smokers and maybe a local amateur show or two.

Nah bruh I couldn't touch them cats man they get paid for them fights for a reason. MMA is hard on the body man it's a real rough sport but I can hang with some of the amateur guys who have roughly the same amount of time in as I do..My problem has been when I get taken down since my background is Boxing, Muay Thai I want to stand up and bang with punches and kicks and such but I've been working on my ground game man so I can deal with these boys on the ground as well as on the feet..

I doubt I'll ever go pro simply because of my age but these local events are fun as hell too and I'll tell you what honestly I do love MMA but I like the grappling better and I'll be able to do that and fight in those tourneys into my 50's and 60's if I take care of myself.....I'll try to get some pics of us training and the like to post on here...

Therious let me know the name of the school near you and I'll find out some info on it for you so you can kind of know what to expect when you go in there. Most important though bruh is have fun man.

Yeah Houston did much work....it looked like he had killttttttt ole boy....dude didn't know what hit him.....also did you notice that every brother that fought that night won... Rampage, Din Thomas, Houston Alexander, and Terry Martin all won either by submission or KO.....

Red

Therious

Banned
Feb 22, 2004
MississippiRed said:
It's all gravy bruh, hope things are going good on your end. I train Brazilian Jiujitsu ( gi and no-gi) and Muay Thai separately and do get to do a bit of MMA sparring from time to time and love it man ..If there's a school close to you bruh get in there and try it out.

Most gyms will give you at least one lesson for free and some will even give more like a week or two. It's good for self defense just make sure you get to spar on a regular basis man it helps you get your timing , range , learning to control and transition from standing, to the clinch to the ground and also helps you get used to getting hit ;)

I walk around right now at 206 but I'm working on dropping down to 185 and getting a few Grappling tournaments in this year at that weight to see how I feel and then I'll try and get into a few MMA smokers and maybe a local amateur show or two.

Nah bruh I couldn't touch them cats man they get paid for them fights for a reason. MMA is hard on the body man it's a real rough sport but I can hang with some of the amateur guys who have roughly the same amount of time in as I do..My problem has been when I get taken down since my background is Boxing, Muay Thai I want to stand up and bang with punches and kicks and such but I've been working on my ground game man so I can deal with these boys on the ground as well as on the feet..

I doubt I'll ever go pro simply because of my age but these local events are fun as hell too and I'll tell you what honestly I do love MMA but I like the grappling better and I'll be able to do that and fight in those tourneys into my 50's and 60's if I take care of myself.....I'll try to get some pics of us training and the like to post on here...

Therious let me know the name of the school near you and I'll find out some info on it for you so you can kind of know what to expect when you go in there. Most important though bruh is have fun man.

Yeah Houston did much work....it looked like he had killttttttt ole boy....dude didn't know what hit him.....also did you notice that every brother that fought that night won... Rampage, Din Thomas, Houston Alexander, and Terry Martin all won either by submission or KO.....

Red
YEAH ILL LET U KNOW THE NAME OF IT. YEAH THE BRUH'S WENT 4 AND 0 !!! dIN tHOMAS LAID A BEUTIFUL ARM BAR ON THAT YOUNG BOY, I JUST BECAME A FAN AFTER UFC 72, I TRIED UFC IN THE NINETIES BUT THE GRAPPLING AND HOLDING MADE ME FALL A SLEEP, NOT TO MENTION MOST FIGHTERS WERE EUROPEAN. I LIKE THE FACT THAT THEY STAND THE FIHTERS UP NOW IF THEY HOLD TOO LONG, I RESPECT GRAPPLING AND CSW, BUT AFTER 20 MINUTES OF HOLDING ITS JUST NOT ENTERTAINMENT TO THE AVERAGE EYE. YEAH I WILL LET U KNOW HOW THINGS ARE GOING, WAS JUST JOKING ABOUT THOSE PRO CATS, NOT 2 SLIGHT YOU RED BUT THEM DUDES ARE MACHINES.

PEACE

GOODYMAN

No professional boxer would be able to beat an MMA fighter.

Styles and skills make fights.

Those who understand know that fights occur in 3 planes.

First plane = Stand up striking/boxing/kicking at a distance
--->________<---

Second plane = Stand up grappling, clenching, wrestling, up close
--->_<---

Third plane = On the ground.
___ ___

Boxers RULE in the first plane.

BUT..

Boxers get destroyed EVERY TIME in the second and third plane.

Mixed Martial Artists train offensively and defensively in every plane using hands, feet, elbows, and knees.

Floyd Mayweather would get put in the clench by an MMA fighter who isn't even in the Top 20 in his weight class and get owned in the first round.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Black Sports : UFC 94 - Jon Jones vs. Stephan Bonnar Black Sports 0
S Black Sports : UFC 128 - Jon Jones vs Mauricio Rua Black Sports 0
SlickBeast Black Sports : Bendo Wins Ufc Lw Title Black Sports 4
Therious Black Sports : a serious beat down MMA dec 26 ufc Black Sports 4
Therious Black Sports : UFC 86 GRIFFIN V.S. JACKSON!! Black Sports 1
Therious Black Sports : UFC Black Sports 7
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Floyd Mayweather stops Conor McGregor in 10th round as Irishman fades late Black Sports 9
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : floyd-mayweather-alllivesmatter Black People Politics 0
Liberty Black Sports : Mayweather Says McGregor Fight 'Possible,' Pacquiao Rematch Discussed Black Sports 0
Kemetstry Black Sports : MAYWEATHER v PACQUIAO FIGHT SET 2???? Black Sports 27
shaka64 Black Sports : Floyd Mayweather walking on air training prepares for Maidana Black Sports 6
$$RICH$$ Black Sports : Mayweather vs Cotto Black Sports 24
$$RICH$$ Black Sports : Another unsong star stumbles (Floyd Mayweather Jr.) Black Sports 0
MsInterpret Black Sports : Mayweather vs. Ortiz Black Sports 32
Mad Skillz Black Sports : Floyd Mayweather vs Oscar De La Hoya Black Sports 11
Monetary Black Sports : Mayweather Sr. wants $2M to train against his son Black Sports 4
Monetary Black Sports : Finally! The De La Hoya-Mayweather bout is official Black Sports 1
Monetary Black Sports : Mayweather vs Baldomir Black Sports 8
Monetary Black Sports : Mayweather turns down $8 million to fight Margarito Black Sports 4
Monetary Black Sports : Floyd Mayweather Claims to be Champ without Belt Black Sports 0
P Black Sports : Mayweather-Judah not dead! Black Sports 9
M Black Sports : Mayweather dominates Mitchell Black Sports 3
P Black Sports : Wright vs. Mayweather a Reality? Black Sports 7
P Black Sports : Floyd Mayweather Vs. Arturo Gatti this saturday Black Sports 33
Monetary Black Sports : Mayweather....too cocky? Black Sports 12
P Black Sports : Great Interview of Floyd Mayweather Black Sports 3
O Black Sports : Mayweather vs Gatti Black Sports 11
P Black Sports : Floyd Mayweather Black Sports 3