Black Education / Schools : Udemy sale 6 hours left

Finally got Android Studio installed for the Android programming course. The version of Android Studio in the Udemy videos is 2.1.3 from August of 2016 while the one I just downloaded is 3.3 which they say just upgraded this January. They look and operate in significantly different ways. It looks like 3.3 has many more features (alias bugs/headaches LOL). The video only provided instructions for Windows and Mac installations. The Linux installation was not really hard just the usual quirky Linux BS where the documentation writer assumes that you know what you may not know.

Also the installation wizard said my computer had virtualization capability and referred me to web documentation which told me to run some commands in the terminal which then said my computer could not do it. Maybe I should upgrade from what was a high end computer in 2006. This is known as Artificial Intelligence.

Mine and the software's. LOL

So I will have to go thru the course adjusting for the differences between 2.1.3 and 3.3. I don't know how aggravating that will be. The usual computerized entertainment!

Course progress has been fairly quick but is slowing down:

48% of 24 hour Python Programming, getting into methods and classes and the syntax is obscure .

13% of 40 hour Web Development, starting CSS coding and prioritization of display objects. Still don't know how to make an impressive web page.

3% of 32 hour Android Studio course and nothing but irrelevant installation instructions so far. This may be harder than the other two combined.

um

Udemy has a bunch of Android courses, these are two of them:

The Complete Android N Developer Course Bestseller
Learn Android App Development with Android 7 Nougat by building real apps including Uber, Whatsapp and Instagram!

The Complete Android Oreo Developer Course - Build 23 Apps!
Learn Android O App Development using Java & Kotlin - build real apps including Super Mario Run, Whatsapp and Instagram!

It turns out they are by the same person and they tell you the Android versions in the advertising. Nougat is older than Oreo and the older course naturally had more reviews but I did not know they were by the same person. They both use Android Studio but they don't say what version of AS is used in each course. The first one uses 2.1.3 and the second one uses 3.0.

So I cancelled the first course and bought the second one since I have AS 3.3. They canceled the course, no problem, and I am waiting for another refund.

Found what looks like a nice Python course on YouTube however. It just goes kind of fast.

Python Tutorial for Beginners 1:

That playlist of 20 videos is a total of 6 hours and 52 minutes

Then there is:

Python OOP Tutorial 1: Classes and Instances

and:

Setting up a Python Development Environment in Sublime Text

and:

Python Django Tutorial:

um

Received email notification this morning at 4:06 am of refund notification of canceled Android course. I cancelled on 1/30 and Eudemy acknowledged within the hour. The 4 days for refund was banking rigmarole and may have been slowed down by the weekend.

I have started using the Eudemy app on my phone. It seems to work pretty well. It is possible to download lectures but it is in some kind of encrypted format that can only be played back with their app.

I have slowed down a lot on both the Web Development and Python. Memorizing syntax doesn't seem as easy as it used to be. LOL Where do you go to refurbish 30 years off your brain?

I am looking at Dell quad-core computers on eBay. It must be about time to upgrade to a new used computer. Price plus shipping for a core i7 looks like it could be under $150 without a hard drive and No OS. I'll put Linux on it anyway so that does not matter much. 8 threads instead of 2 I have now. Shocking!

um

The Web Development course has been updated:

Brand New Module Added!

Coming in at almost 4 hours, this module covers:

Implementing Registration and Login with Username and Password
Database Encryption
Password Hashing
Salting
bcrypt
Passport.js
Cookies and Sessions
OAuth 2.0
Social login with Google
Keeping API keys safe with Environment Variables
and much much more...

The best part? I just gave you access to it! Head over to your favourite course and you'll find it sitting in Section 31: Authentication and Security waiting for you to get started!

That is section 31. I am only 12% into the course in section 5, so it will be a while before I get to that.

um

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back