Black Education / Schools : Udemy sale 6 hours left

Discussion in 'Black Education / Schools' started by umbrarchist, Jan 11, 2019.

1. umbrarchist

umbrarchist Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +191
    Bought another course:

The Complete 2019 Web Development Bootcamp
    By Angela Yu

was debating between that and this one:

The Web Developer Bootcamp
    The only course you need to learn web development - HTML, CSS, JS, Node, and More!

The latter has more hours of video, that could be good or bad, but Yu has a sample and her British accent is cool. LOL

Having trouble with the Android course. Different problems installing Android Studio on Windows and Linux. Neither one working yet.

$45 for 4 courses, that is a lot better than community college prices and I still have 3 weeks to cancel. I am 1/3rd thru the Python course but I am starting to get to more difficult stuff that will slow me down. No complaints about the quality of the course though.

Less than 13 hours left, ya'll!

Less than 5 hours. Midnight Pacific Time udemy turns into a pumpkin or they come up with a higher priced extension. Again!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  2. umbrarchist

United States
    Ratings:
    +191
    OK, it looks like they finally really ended it.

The courses I selected would have cost $730. I have paid $10
    with a debit card when I intended to take only one and had no idea what their courses were like. That is the Python programming course, normally $200, that I am about 1/3rd into and getting into time consuming stuff and should begin slowing down.

I added 2 more courses, $23 charged on credit card. An Android course for programming phones and a microcontroller course normally $200 and $130. The Android course is a problem, I am having trouble getting Android Studio running on Windows and Linux, different problems on each. I need to find and buy a microcontroller board for the Real Time Operating System course but the software loaded on Windows OK. It is not available for Linux.

I used to have a crappy looking website up that I let expire and lost the domain, but netbooks have fallen by the wayside so I guess it doesn't matter. I bought the Web Bootstrap course so if I can make a website that is not an embarrassment I will put one back up. So another $13 on the credit card for a $200 course. I am on lecture 20 and that is only 5% of the course. I am already about up to what I knew for the website I built but it has a far more sophisticated text editor than I was using called Atom. It is sophisticated but slow. I almost need a faster laptop for it.

So if I learn this stuff $730 of courses should be worth $45, 6.2% of normal cost. So we need to keep track of how often they have these $10 to $13 sales.

um

3. Symbol of America

Symbol of America going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RET: EMS & TPD
    Ratings:
    +1,163
    Good reads. I do hope you're purchasing this stuff via PayPal.

4. umbrarchist

United States
    Ratings:
    +191
  5. Symbol of America

Symbol of America going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RET: EMS & TPD
    Ratings:
    +1,163
    One of the top legal moneymaking ad-marketing schemes is the: TIME MACHINE

1. Enrollment is limited so get your reserved seat in the next class by:_________________Fill in the time or date.
    2. Get it now before time runs out.
    3. Supplies are limited so act now.
    4. If you buy this cutting edge high tech microprocessor controlled *******(((LIFE LONG)))******** mop today we'll include another cutting edge high tech microprocessor controlled mop for half off. Who needs two ********(((LIFE LONG)))********mops? Are there humans that can actually speed mop floors with a mop in their right hand and a mop in their left hand? Oh yeah, ambidextrous people. My bad.
    5. If you buy the deluxe $250.00 framister X9000 in the next 10 minutes and if you're not satisfied with your purchase for any reason just send it back and we'll just charge you a small shipping, return and handling fee which equates to $249.98 plus tax.
    6. This 3 day 2 night Caribbean cruise promotion is limited so act now on this value package of only $7,500.99 and if for any reason you are not happy with this once in a lifetime Caribbean cruise vacation we will only charge you half price on your "NEXT" Caribbean cruise vacation. Limited terms apply and the refund is not applicable to Norovirus outbreaks, sinking, category 5 hurricanes, piracy, mutiny, spoiled, rancid or moldy food in the 24 hour buffet, crew strikes, work slowdowns, electrical and plumbing failures, personal items including loved ones left at port or thrown overboard by under tipped stewards, maids and disgruntled underpaid alcoholic entertainers. I would think after that nightmare who'd ever want to walk the gangplank into one of those floating garbage scows.
    7. If you're not happy with our "Float on a cloud mattress" just return it in 30/60/90 days for a full refund. The kicker with this legal scam is you have to read the terms of the contract. You cannot return the mattress before 30/60/90 days. Also most of these companies require you to notify them within a two week window before the expiration date of your return. It gets much much worst when either you have to pay for the return shipping which depending on the proximity of your home to the factory could wind up costing more then the mattress itself. What's worst is when they order you to pay for insurance on the **** thing too and they won't refund that. Some companies offer to pick their own mattress up for you however the truck that ultimately shows up at your door even if they do show up will be a contract shipping truck service or worst a fly by night moving company with two men, one of which or at times neither speaks English.

Caveat emptor.

6. umbrarchist

United States
    Ratings:
    +191
    Success is in sight| Make it your most productive year yet. Shop $11.99 courses now.
    3 days left!

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +15,219
  8. umbrarchist

United States
    Ratings:
    +191
    Success is in sight| Make it your most productive year yet. Shop $11.99 courses now.
    2 days left!

9. umbrarchist

United States
    Ratings:
    +191
    1 day left!

Recently I keep seeing ads for Edureka on Destee. They want $424 for their Python certification course with a live online instructor. They have some kind of time limited offer also:

Triple Bonanza Offer - Flat 15% Off + 20% Cashback + 1 Self Paced Course Free OFFER ENDING IN :
    • 01 D
    • 01 H
    • 45 M
    • 48 S
    GRAB NOW
    https://www.edureka.co/python?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1p7D1quE4AIVQ8XACh08Mwk8EAEYASAAEgIYMPD_BwE

I prefer the videos but I expect it depends on the student. Their Web Development Certification training is $330.

https://www.edureka.co/complete-web...55e11928458c90a0d16d80ee33&objId=161&objPos=2

It looks like they give a certificate of completion and a grade. I don't know what it is worth.

10. umbrarchist

United States
    Ratings:
    +191