Black Education / Schools : Udemy sale 6 hours left

umbrarchist

Reaction score
They're jiving us or is it just me?

I just checked the site and it started counting down from 6 hours. The price is $10.99 instead of $9.99. So technically they are telling the truth about the time limit if they raise the price $1.

HA! They're messing with me.

I logged in and they say I am not eligible. I must pay $12.99 with a 1 day time limit. That is not enough difference to matter if I was willing to spend the time. At a minimum the course should take a month probably more than two.

Symbol of America

Reaction score
They're jiving us or is it just me?

I just checked the site and it started counting down from 6 hours. The price is $10.99 instead of $9.99. So technically they are telling the truth about the time limit if they raise the price $1.

HA! They're messing with me.

I logged in and they say I am not eligible. I must pay $12.99 with a 1 day time limit. That is not enough difference to matter if I was willing to spend the time. At a minimum the course should take a month probably more than two.
Where are you seeing this? I can barely negotiate this mess. So all of this doesn't include lab work?

umbrarchist

Reaction score
I just went to udemy.com. The $200 prices no longer have a line through them and the $10.99 price is gone.

I can login since I already bought a course and there are lines through the $200 prices with $12.99 next to them. So it looks like the time is up for newcomers.

um

umbrarchist

Reaction score
Where are you seeing this? I can barely negotiate this mess. So all of this doesn't include lab work?
The Python Bootcamp course had me download Anaconda and Sublime. Anaconda is a Python 3 programming environment that includes something called JuPyter that runs Python in a debugging environment. The video lectures use this environment so I suppose that qualifies as lab work.

Since I just started I cannot be very conclusive.

I am on video 18 of 185 and it is showing me stuff about print formatting in Python 3 that I did not know. I have stayed with Python 2 for years but at this point the advantage of going to 3 most likely outweigh the disadvantages. The libraries have mostly caught up.

I figured most people would jump at the chance for $10. $200 is reason to pause.

Last edited:

Symbol of America

Reaction score
This class is 19.99 without the sale:

Linux Administration +Linux Command Line+Linux Server 3 in 1

Learn Linux Administration , Linux Command Line, Linux Server admin, Red Hat Linux, CentOS - Get Linux Certification
https://www.udemy.com/linux-administration-commend-line-complete-guide/

But it has 13.5 hours of video, more time than most more expensive courses.
13.5 hours huh? I do 10 hours of Ambient Space video without missing a heartbeat. I spool up Ubuntu servers while listening to 4 hours of server room sounds. However if I could come up with some way to have people speed watch videos like the old speed reading thing I could buy whole worlds.

These are my all time favs for work:

While at play:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

umbrarchist

Reaction score
Last call! || Never stop learning. Last day for top-rated courses starting at just $11.99.

Ends in 14h 40m 23s