Black Education / Schools : Udemy sale 6 hours left

umbrarchist

Reaction score
It'd be nice if they have an affordable IT Linux system admin certification course. Do they have a curriculum list? What about lab time?
I just did a search on Linux

https://www.udemy.com/courses/search/?src=ukw&q=linux

I just stumbled across this today. I don't really know anything about them. I have done about 2 hours on the Python course and definitely think it is worth the $10. I cannot honestly comment on anything else.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/education/online-courses/udemy.html

$10 I can afford to blow. It will take me more time to decide if it is worth $200. Since there was a time limit I decided I should let others know.

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Reaction score
Thank You umbrarchist ... i have signed up for a few of their classes during a previous sale.

Of the ones I've begun, they are good.

Good Looking Out! ... :flowers:

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

umbrarchist

Reaction score
Thank You umbrarchist ... i have signed up for a few of their classes during a previous sale.

Of the ones I've begun, they are good.

Destee
When was that sale? This course looks OK so far but it has only been simple stuff that I already know. 11 videos out of 200+. If it stays good then 3 or 4 courses at $10 a piece could be a bargain.

um

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Reaction score
When was that sale? This course looks OK so far but it has only been simple stuff that I already know. 11 videos out of 200+. If it stays good then 3 or 4 courses at $10 a piece could be a bargain.

um

It was back in August when I signed up. The $10 price is better than I paid.

The special was like $11.99 when I signed up.

A Python class would be good for me, but I've not had time to finish the ones I already purchased.

I'd been working with this one last and found it presenting information I did not already know :

The Complete Linux LPIC-1 Certification Course Exams 101-102

I really do need to get back to it.

One good thing about the classes, you can always pick back up with them at any time.

Destee

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Reaction score
I signed up for another one before time ran out:

Build Your Own RealTime OS (RTOS) From Ground Up™ on ARM
https://www.udemy.com/cart/success/186069270/

Its a chance to brush up on C and learn some ARM assembly language.

um

wow ... your own os ... well i guess ... :research:

i'd be looking like this ... :krazee: ... :)

shoot ... if you're doing this type of stuff, i don't need the class - your brain will do just fine ... :)

forward it to my email please ... :wink:

Great! Thanks for sharing!

Destee

umbrarchist

Reaction score
It looks like their courses are a little obsolete relative to the software they tell you to download. The Python course required downloading Anaconda and that asked permission for Microsoft Visual Studio Code and their installation instructions said nothing about that.

The RTOS for ARM course tells you to download a Wndows Exe file that they say is 400 megabytes but is actually almost 900 megabytes and I am using a Linux desktop. I will have to install it on my Windows 7 laptop.

My brain has a DRM security code with a GPS fence. Half the time it is barely useful to me.

um

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Reaction score
It looks like their courses are a little obsolete relative to the software they tell you to download. The Python course required downloading Anaconda and that asked permission for Microsoft Visual Studio Code and their installation instructions said nothing about that.

The RTOS for ARM course tells you to download a Wndows Exe file that they say is 400 megabytes but is actually almost 900 megabytes and I am using a Linux desktop. I will have to install it on my Windows 7 laptop.

My brain has a DRM security code with a GPS fence. Half the time it is barely useful to me.

um

The sale is still on for another hour or so.

If you forward your brain to me, I'll sign up for a hacking course to get in ... :D

Love You!

Destee