Computers - Software Hardware : Ubuntu on Android

might it not be time to work on those limits as well as our limits to develop in general?

I'm not saying you need to be able to architect a network, but know the basic parts of an your operating system and how to work it. Know what a browser is.

I have people that I have explained multiple times what a browser is and they still don't get it.

anAfrican said:
fear of the unknown? breaking things down into "english" so that stuff becomes more mentally accessible, as well as making it easier to understand why the investment is a positive thing, prolly couldn't hurt.

About the best I can do is get on board or get left behind.
There is already a digital divide between African-Americans and Caucasians and Asians.

anAfrican said:
again; "in english please". tossing out terms that aren't really clear to the uninitiated is a sure fire way to ensure that mightn't this be a yet another cycle that could stand to be broken?

I say they should "raise up" their knowledge and terminology of computers rather me having to "dumb it down".

I can meet someone half way. At some point, it isn't worth my time to step down any further.

Now this is where women in IT would probably fill in the gap. Women have concern for people generally.

anAfrican said:
you're thinking too big: A Multi-User Shared Environment or MUSE, is an older term used to describe social virtual reality systems. other links from that page include:

An Atlas of Cyberspace: Multi-User Dimensions (MUDs) & Virtual Worlds

How it Really Happened

of course, this is all very very old and supplanted by the "social networks" where everything said is grist for some company's data mining in efforts to increase revenue by targeting advertising based on what people are writing and storing.

on the other hand, they were not terribly huge in terms of bandwidth and the required resources to run them.

Times change. MUSE is too broad a term. Specificity and scope are important.

anAfrican said:
server side is all well and good. but perhaps if there were more happening on the client side, there might grow a bit more interest in this tech? just suppose Africans jumped all over this stuff and danced it in our own especial dance style(s)?

You could ditch the GUI altogether and just go command line :).

Actually, you'll use both depending on your knowledge or skill level with a given system.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back