Science and Technology : uber-driver-accused-of-kidnapping-intoxicated-female-passenger

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Speaking of Uber...

I know this is somewhat off topic James, but I hope you don't mind me posting this here.

New study shows a pattern of racial discrimination by drivers using the Uber and Lyft ride-sourcing platforms, as African-Americans suffer longer waits and more cancelled rides

Oct. 31, 2016

PRNewswire/ -- A new study shows that the promise of transportation network companies, or ride-sharing firms, getting beyond the discrimination of the past is not being fulfilled, as field-study data shows that African Americans wait longer to get rides and suffer more ride cancellations once drivers determine they're black.

upload_2016-10-31_8-23-6.png

The new study – "Racial and Gender Discrimination in Transportation Network Companies," by researchers at the MIT Sloan School of Management, Stanford University and the University of Washington – relied on more than 1,400 individual cases of research assistants ordering, waiting and taking actual rides in Seattle and Boston with transportation network companies (TNCs), primarily with Uber and Lyft. The controlled field experiments randomly selected times, days, routes and riders, some of whom were black, some white, and monitored various performance metrics at each stage of every trip.

In Seattle, one experiment found consistently longer waiting times for African American passengers—as much as a 35 percent increase.

Read more

http://www.blackenterprise.com/prnewswire/?rkey=20161031DC30514&filter=4044

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.